Search for content in message boards

Adams Family, Yadkin, N.C.

Adams Family, Yadkin, N.C.

Hugh E. Adams (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adams, Hutchens, Bovender
I am seeking information about the parents of John Adams and wife Sarah Hutchens. John and Sarah were married in Yadkin County N.C. in 1822.
John Adams b. 1798 d. 1836
Sarah Hutchens b. 1804 d. 1860
John and Sarah had one son that I know of.
Danile Adams b. 1832 d. 1903: Married Fatima Bovender b. 1839 d. 1899.
Daniel and Fatima had four children: Mahlon D., Wade H.(Rev.), Martha and Crelia. I would appreciate any information anyone has on the above.
My "e" mail address is Adams1636@aol.com

Thanks,
Hugh E. Adams

Adams/Bovender

Posted: 2 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2001 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: ADAMS, BOVENDER
I have a little on both the Adams and Bovender families.
Can do you a printout if you'd like--chart, family report, etc. Call or e-mail me.
Frances

Re: Adams Family, Yadkin, N.C.

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Adams
<<John Adams b. 1798 d. 1836
Sarah Hutchens b. 1804 d. 1860>>

John was one of the sons of William Adams and Susanna Martin from Chester, PA. William was born in 1734. You can get more at this link.

http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?o...

Rod Adams (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: ADAMS
Hugh,
This is from the Family Scrolls of Thomas Monroe Adams. My brother Rob has already given you the upline. This is the sideways and down line off of the Scroll.
Daniel is the Brother of
Zachari Adams b 8-23-1824
Caroline Adams b 3-16-1826
Elizabeth Adams b 9-6-1828
Maylan Adams b 11-27-1833
Thomas Adams b 8-15-1835
Zimariah Jones Adams b 5-22-1830 d 8-31-1901

More info on Daniel

Daniel Adams b 1-23-1832 d 5-10-1903
m Fatima Bovender b 1838 d 1899
They had the following Children
Maylan Adams b 5-1824
Mary Lucrely Adams
Rev. Evan G. Adams b 11-11-1855 (Evan may be spelled wrong as it is hard to read on the scroll)
Martha Adams b 1859
Rev. Wade Hampton Adams b 5-20-1867 d 6-2-1951
Betty Adams
Sarah Adams

Hope this helps. I'm working on validating the info on the scroll. It was created back in 1982/1983 time frame by someone who took the time to research and then hand write in Caligraphy the scrolls. Great Aunt Mazie told me at the last family reunion that she has the original and had 50 copies made and distributed to the descendants of Thomas Monroe Adams. I have one of the copies.

V/R
ROD ADAMS

Rod Adams (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2001 1:21AM GMT
Thanks Ray! I knew you would know and could keep me from making to big a mistake.<G>
Miss Read/Typed Maylan's Birth. Should be 1863.
Zachari's birth is 1824 one column over. I hate when I do that.<G>
I left off the spouses on purpose because the scroll has Maylan Married to
Mary McColm 1st wife
Then to Margaret Suzanne Adams 2nd wife and 1st Cuz
Then to Leola Carter 3rd wife and Niece
I found that a bit out there until proven.
The scroll has spouses on it, but not alot of exact dates on the Uncle/Cousin lines of Thomas Monroe Adams. The Daniel Adams Line is the only Uncle/Cousin line that has info. The upline has stayed accurate thus far, as has the names on the Cross Cousin Lines down about 3 Generations from Thomas Monroe.

Re: Adams/Bovender

Ann Bavender Pelishek (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2001 8:19AM GMT

Re: Adams/Bovender

Frances H. Casstevens (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2001 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Bovender/Adams
I have some information on the Bovenders, not a whole lot.
Contact me at my e-mail address (fcasstev@yadtel.net)

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 10:40PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2002 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: Adams, hutchins, brown
Mr. Adams
I tried to email you but it said address unknown, I have information it you would like to email me back
rscott3@triad.rr.com

Posted: 11 Feb 2002 12:40AM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2002 7:45PM GMT
I do not have very much help, but am seeking information on a Mary or Molly Brown, born 1825 who was married to a Jackson Caudle. He was a civil war soldier, and as a matter of fact, died in the Civil War. I seem to hit a stumbling block when I search for this Jackson Caudle because of his wife's name. Both aunts have her listed in their family records, one of them as Mary Brown and the other as Molly Brown. Any clues?

PHYLLIS SAWYERS (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 4:10AM GMT
YES, IT IS TRUE THAT MAHLON HAD THREE WIVES. HIS FIRST MARRIAGE WAS TO MARY MCCOLLUM WHO BORE HIM WILLIAM AND DANIEL AGBERT ADAMS. DANIEL IS MY GRANDFATHER. HE THEN MARRIED MARGARET ADAMS WHO WAS HIS COUSIN. SHE BORE HIM SEVERAL CHILDREN. HE THEN MARRIED HIS SISTER'S DAUGHTER, HIS NIECE LEOLA CARTER. SHE BORE GAITHER ADAMS. MAYLON AND LEOLA RAN OFF TO FLORIDA AND LIVED FOR YEARS. MY GRANDFATHER HELPED RAISE HIS HALF SISTERS AND BROTHER UNTIL THEY WERE ON THEIR OWN. MAYLON AND MARGARET RAN THE FIRST PHONE SERVICE IN YADKIN CO. I GUESS SHE WORKED HERSELF TO DEATH HAVING BABIES AND WORKING FOR THE PHONE COMPANY. i KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MARY MCCOLLUM MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER. I WISH I DID. BUT MAYLON WAS A BUSY LITTLE MAN. HE LEFT A LEGACY OF CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN BEHIND. THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE TALES ARE TRUE. PHYLLIS
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.