Search for content in message boards

Stehley Family History

Stehley Family History

Posted: 29 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Dec 2001 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: Stehley, Kane, Jennings
Have Info back to Charles F. Stehley/Elsie Irene(Jennings?)Stehley. My father Lynn W. Stehley (son of Charles F.)...My Mother Elsie May (Keister)Stehley. Have old photos marked " The Kanes" on one photo and Kassandra (Stehley)Kane on the other.No dates on photos.My family resided primarily in and around Greenwood (Blair County),Pa. Most were railroad workers, who worked for the old P.R.R.
Variations of the spelling of the Stehley name also included:Stehle,Staley,Stahley.

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Regards...John W. Stehley (jstehley@aol.com)

Re: Stehley Family History

William Stehley (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2001 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Stehley
Hi,
I noticed your mail said that most of your family was from the greenwood area. That is where my father and his family were raised. My father was Judd (nook)Ramer Stehley, one of 15 children from greenwood. Do I know you ?

Posted: 7 Oct 2001 3:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Dec 2001 2:39PM GMT
I do not know if we ever met but my fathers name was Lynn W. Stehley. Mother was Elsie M. Stehley. My father had a cousin named Judd (photo posted on Stehley Family Website) but I don't know if he is your father or your grandfather....depends on your age I guess.

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 2:48AM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2009 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: Stehley
Hi, My mom's name is Audrey Stehley and her father was Melvin Stehley. Melvin's dad was Judd and Judd's wife was Rachel. I guess you and I are related. My grandma's name is Dorothy Stehley, Melvin's wife. They were from Greenwood. My mom grew up there. Her brothers names were Billy (deceased), Larry (deceased), Donnie(deceased),Kenny, David, Melvin, and Denny. Sisters are Tina (deceased), Janet (deceased), Debbie. My grandma is now in a home in Altoona with Alzheimers. Do you have any information on the Stehleys. Do you know if there is any Native American heritage? I keep hearing we have Lakota and Sew and then I hear Shawnee and Delaware. I would really like to know. Thanks.

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 2:30PM GMT
My dad was Melvin's (everybody called Melvin "Slim")cousin. Audry would have been my third cousin I guess. We all called Dorothy..."Dot". Your Uncle Melvin was my age.
I have info that traces Stehley's back to Ulrick Stehley, born in Berne, Switzerland in 1700.Contact me at jstehley@aol and we can arrange to get this info to you.

Regards, John Stehley

Posted: 25 Jan 2010 12:40AM GMT
Wendy

Its your cousin Susan from NY. Yes, I heard we had Native America Blood as well. I heard it was Susaquehanna. I have not been abel to confirm.

Hope u r well, I havent seen you in 11 years ) :

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 12:30AM GMT
Billy,

You and my Dad Melvin ( pinky) are cousins I beleive. If your uncle was Slim then you and my Dad are 1st cousins

My name is Susan and I am in NY , only child of Melvin however he was one of 13 and my grandma is Dorothy and grandpa slim deceased

Suzi

YOu may be Marks, Debbies brother?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.