Search for content in message boards

Powers - Testerman annulment

Powers - Testerman annulment

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blevins, Testerman, Powers
I am attempting to confirm a marriage between my grandmother Martha Ellen Powers and someone whose last name was Testerman, possibly in or near Piney Creek, Ashe County, North Carolina. I believe they also had a stillborn infant, but I don't know the name, sex or have a DOB. Family history has it that her father, Roby Powers, did not approve of the marriage and forced an annulment. Martha was born 7-12-1900, died 12-10-1996. The marriage would have taken place sometime prior to 1925 when records show she was married to my grandfather Wiley Winfred Blevins. Martha and Wiley had 10 children, one of which was my mother, Yvonne. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Powers - Testerman annulment

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 3:12AM GMT
martha ellen powers grandfather was william cicero powers and her grandmother naoma elizabeth wyatt and her great- grandparents were harden powers and cecilia testerman.

Posted: 2 Dec 2008 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Powers, Wyatt, Boggess/Baugess, Testerman
Hi, thanks for your response - I really appreciated hearing from you. According to information contained in my mother's bible Martha's parents were Roby Powers: 1878-1953 and Naoma Elizabeth Wyatt: 1877 - ?. Fraternal grandparents were William Cicero Powers:1857 and Patsy Boggess: 1860 - ?. (Information I found elsewhere showed Cicero's wife's name was Martha E Baugess. Martha's fraternal great grandparents were Hardin Powers: 1830 - 1914 and Celia Testerman: 1834 - ? and her fraternal great great grandmother was Polly Powers: ? - but listed no great great grandfather. NOTE: these dates were not contained in the bible, they were located in other sources. I am still trying to find information to confirm or deny Martha's marriage/annulment to a Testerman. I am happy to share any information I have so let me know if you have any questions regarding this post.

Posted: 2 Dec 2008 8:59PM GMT
Newton County Historical Society here.
Have some info on James Testerman ESQ. b. 10/17/1787,
d. 11/26/1861 in Ashe county, N.C.
if you are interested.
Katherine

Posted: 3 Dec 2008 12:10AM GMT
Thank you. I am interested in any information you have to share.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.