Search for content in message boards

Williams/Pritchett/Barker/Epps

Williams/Pritchett/Barker/Epps

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Winifred Williams and Joseph T. Pritchett in Brunswick Co., VA, 29 July 1799. "Brunswick County Marriages 1750-1853", by John Vogt and T. William Kethley, Jr.

Witnesses to the wedding were three Barker brothers, John, Thomas, and Burwell. It is believed Thomas and Burwell were married to Elizabeth and Sarah Epps. John was married to Lucy Irby. Were the Pritchetts or Williams related to the Barkers?
Bessie

Re: Williams/Pritchett/Barker/Epps

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Barker
Burwell Barker was born in of, , Brunswick, Virginia. He married Milley Gunn in , , Brunswick, Virginia.
Milley Gunn [Parents] was born 1764 in , , Brunswick, Virginia. She married Burwell Barker in , , Brunswick, Virginia

Do you have more info on the Barkers that you could share with me? Did they have children?

The Barkers that are part of this research are from Brunswick.

William Benjamin Barker b: 1785 - 1791 ? - (he shows up on census as Ben & in one chancery he shows up as William B. Barker bordering Jones property) Married Judith Jones (she shows up as Juda Barker)

There are several Barkers in the area that could possibly be related to him - his father or uncle or something - Burwell, Thomas, John and a woman Elizabeth who
could be an aunt or something? These three men were brothers? So the William B. Barker born about 1785 to 1791/2 could be one those gentleman's son. But which one?

Any light that you can shed on this will be appreciated. It seems that Barkers lived in Surry or Sussex maybe even Prince George then migrated to Brunswick.
Even the possibility of migrating to NC then back to VA. Any help will be appreciated

Posted: 31 Oct 2008 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Williams/Pritchett/Baker/Epps
I am so sorry that I won't be able to help you because looking up any surname here on Ancestry.com and the Richmond State Library takes up an enormous amount of time and effort. I am still trying to put the pieces together to the Gibbons family and I have to do it in bits and pieces so to speak.

I am familiar with only a few family surnames compared to the thousands of them from the Brunswick area. I was born in Brunswick County in 1944 but my mother and siblings relocated to NYC back in 1949 where I live until 1983 when I moved back to VA living in Richmond. I am not familiar with the Williams, Pritchett, Barker nor Epps families at all.

In what state do you live? I sure would like to partner up with someone from Richmond who is doing genological research who could accompany me with researching records at the State Library downtown Richmond. I started doing that 2 days ago but only spent about 3 hours there and I was only able to look at one of 4 of the vital records reels they have for Brunswick County and did not even finish looking at that one on marriages. I have to go back and finish it then go on to the other 3 reels. One reel takes up an enormous amount of time. After I check the Brunswick reels I will then start researching the Greenville County reels. This is another area my family is from. Brunswick and Greenville are right next door to each other.

Sorry again; I wish I could have helped.

Tillie Jamison (Gibbons)
Richmond, VA
jamisonharrell@yahoo.com

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Epps, Irvin
I have William Williams and Maggie Helen Epps in my Williams line.
Maggie Helen Epps was born March 28, 1905 to Annie Clark Epps and J W epps. Sisters: Minnie, Florence and Pattie. Brother: John?
Maggie Helen Epps lived in Warren County North Carolina in 1920 with her Grandfather H. C. Clark. She was born in North Carolina. Maggie Helen Epps died in September 1975.
She married William Alexander Williams in about 1928, their first child was born October 14, 1929 (Mable O. Williams)
William Alexander Williams went by Billy Williams, his father was William Alexander Williams and mother Clara Irvin (full blooded Indian from Cherokee North Carolina)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.