Search for content in message boards

Isaac Tibbetts - Clermont Co. OH

Isaac Tibbetts - Clermont Co. OH

Posted: 5 Jul 2003 2:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Nov 2004 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: Tibbetts Douglass
Isaac Tibbetts was in the 1820 Clermont Co. OH census. Can anyone help with his descendants -- believe he may have had a daughter -- Sarah who married Thomas Douglass in OH.
They later moved to Switzerland Co. IN. Thanks.

Re: Isaac Tibbetts - Clermont Co. OH

Posted: 5 Jul 2003 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: Heustis Tibbetts Henderson Day
By a wonderful coincidence last night I was looking for a lead on a Francis Tibbetts (or Tibbet), who according to the family traditions was in Allen County, Kansas Territory in 1860. In the 1860 US Census for Allen County I came upon an Isaac W. Tibbet (sic) in household 359, b. abt 1812 in Maine, with a son Isaac born 1839 in Indiana living with him, and an apparent son Benjamin, born about 1835, also in Indiana, living next door with wife and daughter. The older Isaac's wife was Susannah, born about 1810 in Ohio. (Unfortunately did not find a Francis.)

My normal resources for Tibbetts data do not have these folks. With so many apparent matches, are they possibly related to the Isaac in your query?

Re: Isaac Tibbetts - Clermont Co. OH

Posted: 5 Jul 2003 7:48PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2004 1:28PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. Actually, I know NOTHING about Isaac Tibbetts who was in Clermont Co. OH in the 1820 census.

My Sarah Tibbetts was born about 1800 in VA. Her first three children were born in OH. (1821-36 &27) She was married to Thomas Douglass. Their next children were all born in Switzerland Co. IN. (beginning in 1831). Knowing all of that, I looked in OH for a Tibbetts and a Douglass and lo and behold I found an Isaac Tibbetts living next door to a Thomas Douglass in Clermont Co. OH. Thomas Douglass was not in the 1830 census in Clermont Co. and it appeared that he MIGHT be the right one. Therefore, I am pursuing the descendants of the Isaac Tibbetts with the hope that he has a daughter Sarah who might have married a Douglass as her first or second husband.

You can see that I need help. Thanks - Marilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.