Search for content in message boards

10 Generations of Oakleys

10 Generations of Oakleys

Posted: 13 Sep 2001 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 6:37AM GMT
This is a very large amount of information. Some has been verified, some has not. My direct line goes: 1. Benjamin Oakely/Okley 2. William Oakley, Sr. 3. Anderson Oakley
4. Susan Oakley (Susan and Luther Martin Ingraham/Ingram had an illigitimate son whose last name was taken from the mother) 5. Edward (Stant/Stanton) Worth Oakley 6. Claude E. Oakley 7. Joy Mary Oakley 8. David R. Stone, Sr. (me) I have 4 children and 8 grand children. The following is the complete listing of decendents of Benjamin Oakley. He is believed to be one the first Oakleys, along with his two sons, William and Pleasant, to settle in Kentucky. Most of all the rest of the Kentucky Oakley's probably decended from him.

Re: 10 Generations of Oakleys

Virginia Oakley (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Oakley, Barton, Capshaw, Mayberry
David, do you have dates on this Oakley line? My husband's great grandfather was Lewis (Louis) G. Oakley born about 1818 and birth place shown as NC on 1850 census, married Arra Ann Worsham. We only have family word of mouth that the father of Lewis was a John William, undocumented. We have the line forward, only. Thanks for you help. Virginia Oakley

Ely (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 5:43PM GMT
I have Oakley's in Canada. I am interested in your Barton line. Bartons and Oakley's are numerous, but I am curious to know if we have a Barton connection. Our Barton family was in New York; JoDavis, Ill; Iowa; and California.

Virginia Oakley (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Oakley, Barton, Capshaw, Mayberry
Hi, Ely, Our Barton line came into VA very early, (family word of mouth says the first Barton was the Captain of the ship that came to the rescue of the Mayflower colony but not ducumented yet) then on to South Carolina, to Texas before 1840. I have a book on Bartons published by the Barton Historical Society. It may have something in it but it is mostly from this lineage. If you want to send me a few names and dates, I will look in the book for you. Virginia

Re: 10 Generations of Oakleys + Barton

Ely (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2001 6:05PM GMT
Thank you, Virginia. I will get back to you in a few days.

Posted: 24 Oct 2001 3:24AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 6:37AM GMT
Surnames: STONE, BAUS/BAUSCH, HENRY, SNIDER, HOSTETLER, OAKLEY, WADDELL/WADDLE, JOHNSON, INGRAHAM/INGRAM, DEVER, BOGGS, SHIELDS ETC.
Hi Virginia - Sorry but no Louis/Lewis Oakley in my data. I have several John Oakley's but most are born after the dates you gave me. I have many lines down from Benjamin if you think you have another one for me to check. Dave

Posted: 28 Jul 2002 11:42AM GMT
i have a james calvin oakley born oct 22, 1853 and died on sept 6, 1923. he was married to mattie rebecca hawkins, she was born oct 22, 1857, and died sept 7 1939. I do believe that they both died in dallas/fort worth texas area. I think that one came from kentucky, and the other from either ok, or ark. any info at all would be appreciated!
tina

Posted: 3 Jun 2004 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: oakley
how u doin we are in Australia trying to find information on the oakley family any info. would be greatfully appreciated thanx everybody dont be strangers and we welcom your emails

Derrell Oakley Teat (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 10:33AM GMT
Hello Stewart Oakley,
Posting your line here or at the Oakley-L@rootsweb.com mailing list with dates & names will probably get some response. We Oakley's are great talkers and will gladly help if we can.
I have started a Oakley DNA project to help break down some brick walls..if your interested please contact me
When you post you family info, make sure to include dates & places.
Good Luck,
Derrell Oakley Teat

Ely Barton (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2005 6:55PM GMT
Virginia, I am a little late replying to your posting. Sorry. The earliest Barton I have is Welcome Potter Barton, born in New York State 12 Jan 1790, d. 7 Feb 1840, North East twp., Erie, PA. His wife Dimmis Phillips, born 1783 (?), died 1863, Warren, JoDavis Co, Warren, IL.
Both are buried in Elmwood Cem., Warren, IL. They had 7 children.
Welcome's parents were probably from England, but I have no further information. Later, the Barton decendants lived in Iowa, and California.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.