Search for content in message boards

Calla Hussey

Calla Hussey

Jim Hires (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2004 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information for Calla Hussey, born in Jasper County, IL in 1887. She married Luther E. Cohoon, Trying to find her parents.

Re: Calla Hussey

Herbert Sisson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2006 2:29PM GMT
Try Marshall and Martha Hussey from Newton, Illinois. My family records have been lost, but I definitely remember that they are related. My great grandfather Was Marshall Hussey---A Naval Cival war veteran that served on the Brilliant a blockade running ship. My father talked about Calla. Marshall and Martha are burried in a cemetary on the banks of the Embarrass river in Newton Illinois---right in the middle of the cemetary along with my grandfather and grandmother Alva Romeo Sisson, and Mamie Eastereve (Hussey) Sisson. My grandmothers sisters were Delia,Callie, and Nettie, and her brothers were Harry and Seth Hussey---They moved to Redmon, Washington.

Calla could be Callie---I know that my father has often talked about the Cohoon family.

Herbert A Sisson Jr.
69 years old

Herb Sisson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2006 9:10PM GMT
Calla Is the daughter of Marshall Adelbert Hussey and Martha Jane (Dancy) Hussey from Newton IL. Calla Married Luther Cohoon. Their children were:
Evertt Cohoon
Bessie (Cohoon) Croslin
Fern (Cohoon) Rediece
Louise (Cohoon) Murphy
Ruby (Cohoon) Hires *
Marie (Cohoon) Riesinger / Art Riesinger
Ralph Cohoon
Carl Cohoon
Don Cohoon

I just received this information from our cousin

* Probably your grandmother or great grandmother was Ruby

Posted: 9 Jul 2006 5:04AM GMT
Surnames: COHOON - WILLIS and related families
I have a lot of the COHOON information posted on my home page and will be glad to share addition details and addition information that is NOT posted:
>http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/o/h/Fred-c-Coho... < Always glad to add to my collection.
Email me at fredcohoon@bigfoot.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.