Search for content in message boards

MINTZ FAMILEY

MINTZ FAMILEY

ALFRED L. MINTZ (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MINTZ WILLIAM G, MINTZ WILLIAM, MINTZ IDA, MINTZ LARSON, MINTZ LEROY
MY GRANDFATHER WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN IN N.C AROUND 1877 IN
WILMINGTON AREA. HE HAD A BROTHER UNKNOWN TO ME, THEY WERE OPHERNEDAND RAISED BY A UNKNOWN FAMILEY TOME. WILLIAM G. MINTZ WAS MY FATHER, HE WAS BORNED APX 1917 IN WILMINGTON N.C. HAD A BROTHER LARSON , A BROTHER LEROY , ALL BORN IN BRUNSWICK CO. I BELIVE. MY GRANDFATHER WILLIAM MINTZ WAS MARRIED TO IDA MINTZ IN WILMINGTON N.C. IDA MADEN NAME IDA KERR. ALSO MY FATHER HAD A SISTER BORN IN WILMINGTON HER NAME WAS MABLE MINTZ ALSO THE DAUGHTER OF WILLIAM AND IDA MINTZ PLEASE HELP IF YOU Can

Mintz families of the Old South

Posted: 23 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2002 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Hewett, Hewitt, Duncan, Fowler
Alfred, I have a borrowed copy of the book "Mintz Families of the Old South. Mostly about the Mintz family from Brunswick County.
Your Larson and Leroy are listed as the Sixth generation.
I will type for you what it says about this family.

The Sixth Generation: The family of William Garfield Mintz and Ida May Kerr
William Garfield Mintz was born June 1885, a son of Joel King and Mary G. Mintz. He married in Wilmington on 14 March 1906 to Ida May Kerr who was born Sept 1889, a daughter of W.F. and C.H. Kerr. Other than the nome of one child, we know very little of this family. William seems to have lived in Wilmington at the time of his brother, John's wedding in Jan 1908. They moved to Jacksonville, Florida just after the birth of their son , Larson, and all contact with this family has been lost. Two children are known;
1. Larson Audell Mintz-b. 26 March 1909 in Wilmington,NC
2. Leroy Leonard Mintz-b. 30 January 1911 in Jacksonville,Fl

I can not type the whole book. Joel King Mintz was married 4 times. First he married Isadora V. Grissett on 25 Sept 1877. second he married M.J. Williams on 30 Jan 1879. Third he married Mary E. Gore on 2 May 1882. Fourth he married Sarah Jane Leach on 24 April 1890.

The children of Joel Mintz are:
1. William Garfield Mintz b. June 1885
2. John J. Mintz b. March 1887.
3. Rosa M. Mintz b. Jan 1891
4. Sarah C. Mintz b. Aug 1893 d. 27 sept 1931

I hope this helps. This book I have copied this from is massive and has 797 pages. It is not available for sale or I would have my own copy.
This book traces the probable ancestry of the Mintz family from Prussia in 1560.
Please email me and I will send you a list of the graves in the Mintz Cemetery in Brunswick County.
Luck,
Lenell

Edward Watkins

Posted: 10 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2002 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Hewitt, Hewett, Duncan
This Mintz book whick encompasses a lot of Brunswick County mentions him on page 86.

The Seventh Generation: The Family of Mary Louise Mintz and Edward W. Watkins
Mary Louise Mintz was born 18 Oct 1909 in Wilmington,NC a daughter of U. S. Mintz, Sr. and his wife Ella Lewis. She married Edward W. Watkins and died on 25 Nov. 1985. Their children:
1. Edward W. Watkins, Jr.
2. Mary Lily Watkins
3. Laverne Watkins
4. Odessa Watkins
5. Major Watkins
6. Richard Watkins
7. Faye Watkins

It goes on to tell who the children married and their children on pages 92-93.
Lenell

Mintz/Watkins

Posted: 10 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: MINTZ, WATKINS, GURGANIOUS
I have seen others using this book as a reference. I would like to know if there is any mention of the Watkins family. Mary Lou Mintz d/o Ulysses Mintz married Edward W. Watkins. (The Watkins is my line)
Posted: 8 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: Many
Where is the Mintz Cemetary located at ???

Mintz Cementery

Posted: 12 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2004 2:28AM GMT
The Mintz Cemetery is located on Mintz Cemetery Road, off US Hwy 17, approximately 5 miles west of Shallotte, Brunswick County, North Carolina.

Re: Mintz Cementery

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2003 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: Mintz, Brown, Stephens, Cox, Benton, etc.
To: M. L. Sellers
Do you have or do you know where I can get a listing of those buried in the Mintz Cemetery?
Thank you
Mary

Posted: 22 Nov 2003 5:13AM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 4:25AM GMT
Please feel free to email me and I will send you a list I made about 2 years ago.

Mary Powell (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2003 1:19AM GMT
Lenell,

I'd love to have the list for Mintz Cemetery.
I don't have your Email Address
Mine is
mapowell@jps.net
Thank you,
Mary Powell-Calif

Roger Davis (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2004 9:49PM GMT
Mary,

You can probably find out some information on the Horry County Website, if you have not already tried to look up the cemetary. There is quite a bit of cemetary information there.

Roger Davis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.