Search for content in message boards

Christopher Chafin of Middelsex co VA 1690

Christopher Chafin of Middelsex co VA 1690

Bradley Chaffins (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2003 8:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chafins/Chaffins
I have my line back to Christopher Chafin Middelsex co Va 1690..Christopher was killed by two runaway slaves ..and I think his son was too.I have been told the story of two brothers leaving England..But what are the names...I have tried to find Christophers dad now for awhile..But have had no luck...Also in this family is Major Joshua.Nathan.Moses and so on ..I am happy to share my info for free ..No one should have to pay Anything to know who his or her family is and was..But that may just be me..Any Ideas

Re: Christopher Chafin of Middelsex co VA 1690

Bradley Chaffins (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2003 7:22AM GMT
Surnames: Chaffin
Ok this is an update to the first post .I do show my line back to 1690 but as it turns out I am in a record war with myself .If that sounds crazy to you think how I feel saying it on hear .I had a Good friend send me a copy of a will .He told me that it went like this John Chafin then Christopher in 1700's.Ok i thought I had some flipped around out of place .Then another friend sent me a copy of Christ Parish book it list Christopher and wife Sarah had two sons John b.apr 1 1716 and Christopher nov 11 1718 that goes along with what I have in my tree .I am happy to share what I have but for now I will only go back to 1730 .After I get this lined out then I will go on back .I would not take anything listed in this or the first as being written in stone it may change and it may not .It is a good puzzle I want to get into. Like I said I am just wondering about the 1600's time table .I don't want to pass on any bad info this is hard enough as it is.Thats why I said I am going to go back to 1730 for now .After I get this puzzle lined up I will be happy to help anyone I can

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Chaffin, Dalton, Mills, Jarrell, Crum and others
My name is Bobby Gene Chaffin........I have only been able to track the Chaffins back to (Children of Michael Chafin and Catherine Crum are:
i. John Chafin, born Abt. 1867 in Lawrence County, Kentucky.
ii. James Chafin, born Abt. 1869 in Kentucky.
iii. William Chafin, born Abt. 1870 in Kentucky.
12 iv. Thomas A. Chafin, born Abt. 1873 in Martin County, Kentucky; died
Aft. 1930; married Liza Jane Dalton in Kentucky.) So if yur have seen any of these names... NOTE: So far, I have been told that the Chaffin's on my Grandpas side...did move around alot.....It may have been because of the "TRAIL OF TEARS" In the 1800's...and that was when my grandfather and greatgrand father were living at the time...(Here On the East Coast...and seemed to keep moving and hiding???) PLEASE let me know at Abober1955@aol.com

I sure would be thankfull

Bobby Gene

Posted: 22 Feb 2006 9:56PM GMT
Your message talks about a Moses Chaffin do you have any more information about him and his decendants. I have a gr-gr grandfather Moses Burris Chaffin that married Martha Ann Dingler we think in Alabama. They had one daughter that we know of Mary Eliza Chaffin b: 18 Apr 1859 in Alabama.

Jo Anne Miller (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2006 3:41AM GMT
Patty,

Moses B.(Burris/Burrus) Chaffin, the son of Tyre and Frances McAllister Chaffin, married Martha Edward in Henry County, GA on 01/03/1845. She is listed in some records as Martha Anne Dingler (Edwards) seems she was living with an Edwards maternal family. Please contact Helen Traylor at wtraylor@aol.com as she is connected to this line.

If you have not looked at the Chaffin information at genforum.com please do so. Look at #308, #313 regarding Moses.

Jo Anne Miller
looking for descendants of Tyre and Frances McAllister Chaffin

Posted: 1 May 2008 6:04PM GMT
Surnames: Chaffin Workman Stepp Hensley Murpy
I have just began my search, but this is what I have:
John Chaffin (1670) Summerset, England
Died in Cumberland VA 1745
wife unknown
children
Christohper Chaffin (1690)
John Chaffin (1699)

Christopher Chaffin (1690-1727) Middlesex Co. VA
Wife: Sarah Married in 1710
Chlidren
John chaffin (1716)
Christopher Chaffin (1718)
Mary Chaffin (1721)
William Chaffin (1724)

John Chaffin (1716-1773) Middlesex VA
Wife: Mary
Children:
Rambo Chaffin
Joesph Chaffin (1741)
Nathan Chaffin (1745)
Rachael Chaffin
Ruth Chaffin
Simmon Chaffin (1752)
Joshua Chaffin (1748)
Nancy Caroline Chaffin
Christopher S. Chaffin (1757-1836)

I am quite sure that you already have this issue resolved and I would greatle appriciate any info you would be willing to pass along
Thanks
Dawn

Posted: 11 May 2008 1:51AM GMT
hi,I am doing family tree to christoper chaffins father name is john chaffin,my grandfather was a chaffin,and he desent from john chaffin,I have info all the back to england
my name is sandra Endicott pugh,my e-mail is Eagle_Eyes232000@yahoo.com,e-mail me and I will share what I have

Posted: 11 May 2008 1:57AM GMT
Hi,my grandfather was tom chaffin and my grandmother was eliza jane dalton,they are my ggreatgrandparnets,my mother is Milderd Chaffin,father Loucain Chaffins son of tom chaffin and eliza jane dalton

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 5:38PM GMT
Tried to e-mail you not get it to go through. please try to e=mail me at ising4hym@yahoo.com
thanks for the help

Posted: 9 Jul 2009 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: CHAFFIN, CRUM
Hi,
Contact me or reply to this message - I can help you make the connection for your CHAFFIN family back of Michael Chaffin m. Mary Catherine Crum. If you haven't already figured it out!

Lynda Logan
Ona, WV
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.