Jomarron

Jomarron

Gustavo (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2001 4:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Oct 2003 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Jomarron, Pintado
Ceci:

I got your messages. Sorry it took forever to get back to you, but I actually only stumbled on that site, and rarely went back. What you say is interesting. My "Jomarron" part of the family also originated on the island in Holguin or at least in Oriente province. I think at around the turn of the century, they moved to the other extreme, Pinar del Rio, where the other three branches of my family would soon end up as well.

I am a great-grandson of one Julio Jomarrón, who married Adela Pintado in Pinar del Rio, and had a string of girls, one of which, Concepción Jomarrón-Pintado, is my paternal grandmother. I don't know off-the-bat what Julio's father's name was, but I'm sure I knew at one time, and can certainly still find out.

Re: Jomarron

Ann del Pino Bover (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2001 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2003 4:45PM GMT
Surnames: Jomarron
There was a Felix Jomarron who lived across the street from my grandmother in Victoria de las Tunas, Oriente, Cuba.
Does that ring a bell?

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 1:46PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2003 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: Jomarron, Pintado
I wouldn't know off the bat, as I was born and raised here in the US, but I can try to find out, and post the response later.

Posted: 20 May 2011 10:09PM GMT
Don't know if there is any relation but my greatgrandfather is Apolinar Santiesteban Pintado, His maternal grandparents were Juan Pintado del Barrio & Petronila. Juan was apparently a Spanish offical. According to the copy of my greatgrandfathers birth certificate Juana Pintado, daughter of Juan & Petronila was natural de Holguin. I belive she had 3 siblings: Corin, Angela & and another. would be intersted to see if there was a connection
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.