Search for content in message boards

James Ragsdale/Narcissa Harrison-10 Children

James Ragsdale/Narcissa Harrison-10 Children

Posted: 29 Jun 2001 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: Ragsdale,Harrison,Parker, Dargan,Sterling
I am looking for the names of the 10 children of James Ragsdale (b. 1779 VA) and Narcissa Harrison (b. 1780 SC). James is the son of William Ragsdale/Ann Parker of VA, later NC, later TN.
Can anyone help??
Ilene

Re: James Ragsdale/Narcissa Harrison-10 Children

Julia Atkkinson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 2:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RAGSDALE, TUCKER, BRIGHAM,
Per 1900 MS Census my ancestor F Jefferson RAGSDALE was born Dec 13, 1851 in Louisianna or Alabama. It lists that his father was born in NC.

I have not found the name for his father yet. Perhaps he is a descendent of James RAGSDALE.

F J RAGSDALE is buried in Panola County MS at the Longtown Cemetery with above birth date and May 13, 1945 death date. I plan on visiting the cemetery and taking pictures of his stone and 7 other RAGSDALES listed for there.

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 5:04PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2001 3:05PM GMT
Burr Harrison Ragsdale, b. 01/10/1806, d. 09/03/1859, married Eliza Smith Wall, daughter of Charles Wall and Frances Thorn. Burr Harrison Ragsdale is buried in the Chester District, South Carolina

Source:

The Revolutionary Soldiers of Catholic Presbyterian Church, Chester, South Carolina, by Mary Wiley Strange

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Ragsdale/Harrison/Thorn/Wall
Narcissa Dargan Harrison married James Ragsdale, 1798 in Chester County, S.C. The only child I know of is Burr Harrison Ragsdale, b. 01/10/1806, d. 09/03/1859. Burr married Eliza Smith Wall, b. 05/19/1811, d. 03/10/1898 in S.C.

Posted: 6 Feb 2007 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Ragsdale
I need the proof that Burr Harrison was their son. I cannot find them in a census. I think he was born if NC or SC in 1806. I looked into ancestry.com and could not find them in a census of 1810 or 1820 when he probably would have been at home. Do you know of any resource that I could use? Where are James and Narcissa buried? Would love to get that information. Thank you, Sara Beth Ragsdale
Stribling

Posted: 6 Feb 2007 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: Ragsdale
Is there any record or resource showing Burr Harrison Ragsdale was the son of James and Narcissa? Where are James and Narcissa buried? Thank you.

Posted: 7 Feb 2007 3:15AM GMT
Did you find the names of the other Ragsdales buried in Panola Co.?

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 8:50PM GMT
these are the grandchildren of this line hope this helps sandrashelton1@aol.com

Son of James Ragsdale and Susannah Fitts
Husband of Matilda Jane Ragsdale
Father of James T. Ragsdale; Miriah Ragsdale; Lucy Ragsdale and Bobbie Edna Ragsdale
Brother of Sarah Ragsdale; Lucy Ragsdale; Abscella Ragsdale; Abscella Ragsdale; Lucy Ragsdale; John Joel Ragsdale; James Ragsdale; John Ragsdale; Thomas Benton Ragsdale; Andrew Ragsdale and Thomas Ragsdale----my grandmother is the daughter of Bobbie edna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.