Search for content in message boards

John Smith Rast (1864-1947) /Mary Glasgow fm Ms to Texas

John Smith Rast (1864-1947) /Mary Glasgow fm Ms to Texas

Posted: 16 Jun 2005 12:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RAST-GREEN-GARRETT-PATE-WALKER-METKER
I am still researching this family. I do have their children, thanks to this board, but need any further info on ancestors & other descendants. My line is from Lizzie Rast who married Tom Green & moved to Dallas. Does any one have anything further? Is this family of German origin? ANY help would be greatly appreciared!
Thanks, Brenda Green

Re: John Smith Rast (1864-1947) /Mary Glasgow fm Ms to Texas

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 5:32PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 9:04PM GMT
From the county where he was born he would have to be from the line of John L. Rast b.1784 S.C. son of Thomas Rast who it appears to be son of Johann Mathias Rast.

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 1:20AM GMT
Hello, Brenda - Hi, again, Ron

I'm having a real problem tagging John Smith Rast into the family. He and Mary Glasgow were married in Tishomingo Co. 11/25/1888, but I have found nothing else relating to him.
I can only assume, at this point, that he is the son of John Rast (don't have a middle name) bn 1845, who was the second son of John Louis Rast.

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 2:04AM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2006 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: RAST-GREEN-GARRETT-PATE-WALKER-METKER
Hi Ron, Thanks, I'll keep digging too. If you find anything else please let me know!
Brenda

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 2:53AM GMT
Brenda-

Looking back over my census information, I've seen something that didn't register with me previously and may hold the answer to who John Smith Rast was. I had overlooked the fact a John Rast was living with James A. Rast, Sr., and listed as grandson on the 1880 Tishomingo Co., MS, census. His age was listed as 16 - which would be a match for John Smith. Now, the sticky part is: James A. Sr.'s only son, James Dorman Rast, is listed above James A. Sr. with his family. Dorman is listed as 32 years old and was
married in 1872. I have found no other marriages for Dorman.
Dorman did have two sisters and I've not been able to track them past 1860 - however, this John was not listed on the 1870 census with the family. Apparently, he was the out-of-wedlock son of either Dorman or his sister Sarah, one year younger. John Smith and Mary's surety bond was posted by
J.A. and J. S. Rast. Maybe not hard evidence, but definately a different direction than I was thinking.

Tamesha Reyes (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 2:25PM GMT
My great grandparents are John Smith and Mary Glasgow from Tx. Their son John E. Rast, his Daughter Shirley T. Rast Wilson, is my mother. Would like to meet other relatives of John and Mary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.