Search for content in message boards

Sarah "Sally" Hembree d/o John Hembree/Anna Heaton

Sarah "Sally" Hembree d/o John Hembree/Anna Heaton

Posted: 4 May 2006 2:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Sarah Hembree was b 12 May 1815 SC and d 30 Dec 1877 Cherokee Co. Al. She m Reuben R. Minton also SC and d Cherokee Al. These are my husband's GG Grandparents. We have found wonderful trees on Ancestry.com on the Minton side but we did not know who Sarah had descended from until recently we found info saying her parents were John Hembree and Anna Heaton. I am looking for any info on John Hembree s/o James Hembree s/o David Hembree s/o William Hembree. Also, Sarah's middle name was Wire- Sarah Wire Hembree. I would love to know why she has this middle name. They were from the Anderson SC area. Any stories or web sites from anyone would be great!!! Thanks...JoAnne

Re: Sarah "Sally" Hembree d/o John Hembree/Anna Heaton

Leota Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2006 4:24PM GMT
I am not sure if we are the same line or not., althougth it looks like the same line. My Joseph Hembree (sometimes called Joel) was married at the home of William Hembree in North Carolina. His wife Elizabeth Milton/Melton was from South Carolina. William was known to have lived in the Spartenburg area of SC at one time. The name Sarah is found in Joseph's descendants. After his marriage in 1809 he and his wife lived in the Wheat Community of Roane County, Tennessee. He had served in the militia in that area earlier and receiced a 50 acre grant which he used for part of his land.
Leota Bennett
rabit@preferred.com

Re: Sarah "Sally" Hembree d/o John Hembree/Anna Heaton

Posted: 4 May 2006 9:49PM GMT
Hello Leota! Nice to meet you. I found trees on Ancestry.com on your Joseph Hembree (Joel) and it looks to me that the Sarah listed there, if I'm looking at the right one, is not my Sarah. My Sarah was b 1815 and this one is b 1826. However, I think maybe Joseph is kin somehow to these same Hembrees. Sarah's father was John Hembree b 1783 and his father was Reverend James H. Hembree b 1789 in Va. Sarah m Reuben Minton and his father was Sylvanus Minton also a preacher with a Quaker background I believe. Sylvanus Minton had a colorful interesting life and there are many trees and web sites on him. He was b in SC and moved to Cherokee Co Al and then moved on to Arkansas and died there. I'd love to find out more about the Hembree's also and learn who Sarah got her middle name from...Sarah "Wire" Hembree. I've found a Wire family living in SC also about the time they lived there. Just wonder if there is a connection....Just have to keep reading and searching.....Thanks..JoAnne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.