Search for content in message boards

SMYTH

Posted: 10 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Nov 2001 6:12PM GMT
looking for any descendants or relatives still in Ireland of Joseph SMYTH, born in Belfast>Samuel Smyth, b. 8/11/1763, m. Anne MAGEE, 1/17,1793 (her brother's widow, Martha Marie STUART Magee, founded Magee College)> James SMITH/SMITH b. 1799, Belfast.

SMYTH

Liz Ritchie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smyth, Smythe
My GGfather James Hudson Smyth (b. Co. Antrim 1822) m. Caroline Maud Smyth (not related) in N. Ireland in 1860 and returned to California. Caroline's parents were John Smyth and Mary (Loughlin), James' parents were Samuel Smyth and Mary (Adams), all from Co. Antrim. James' brother was Rev. Samuel Smyth (b. 1811) of Presbyterian Church in Draperstown. We have info on both sides of the family to date, but nothing other than "Co. Antrim" for birthplace, nor any earlier date info.
Posted: 17 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2003 9:14PM GMT
Surnames: Smythe, Cathcart, Gladney
I've been trying to locate a book called "The Smythe Sword", the story of William Smythe of Giants Causeway, Co. Antrim, Ireland and PA. Written by Alice Lillian Smythe McCabe and published in Lawrenceville, GA, USA. I read a review of this book, but have not yet located it. I checked in Clayton Library in Houston, TX, and found two other books by this author, but not the book in question.

While visiting in Ireland last year, I located the graves of some of my ancestors in Broughshane (near Ballymena). There were four graves within an iron fence. Two of those stones listed GLADNEYs (of various spellings), one listed the family of GLEDNEY SMYTH, and the last grave named the family of WILLIAM CATHCART and ANNIE SMYTHE.

There may be something for you in these two leads.

Julie Kerr Glenn

Smyth

Rhonda Shoemaker (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smyth, Skillen
in responce to the name Smyth. I have a great -great grandmother whose name was Ellen Jane smyth. She had 5 children . Their names were Samuel,Hue, James, Aggie,Maggie. They were from Comberdown ,Ireland. They later moved to Belfast. If this is a part of your search please let me know because i have been looking for this family for some time now. Thank you

SMYTH

James C. Keel (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smyth, Wilson, Robinson, Harbison, Keel
My grandmother, Annie Louisa (Smyth) Harbison, was born 3 Oct. 1892, in Portglenone, Ballymena, Co. Antrim. She was the daughter of John Smyth, Lisrodden, a farmer, and Nancy Ann (Wilson) Smyth. John Smyth (originally from Carclinty) and Nancy(Wilson) (originally from Drumcon) were married on 19 Nov. 1886, at the Cullybackey Presbyterian Church in Ahoghill, Co. Antrim. I have the names of the 6 children born to them, and their offspring, but have little in the way of dates. This is where I need help.
Nancy's father was Hugh Wilson, a farmer, who married Maryanne Robinson (no dates available.)
The WILSON siblings were Sara Liza, who married Wm Crabb; Maria, who married Joseph Cameron; Samuel(d.8 March 1934), married Eliz. Simpson(d.3Dec.1939), Robert James(b.31March 1860), who married Eliz. Mitchell Michael; and John Wilson, who married a Miss (?) Hayes, and they lived in Canada. I have much of the newer information, but nothing earlier. Looking to fill in some dates. Any Help???

grave of Cathcart and Smythe

Terri Cathcart (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: cathcart
Julie Kerr Glenn.....

I am interestedto know if Wm and Annie (Smythe) Cathcart had any children and what their names were...can you help..
terri

Re: Smythe

Posted: 12 Mar 2002 10:28PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2004 3:28AM GMT
I am the author of THE SMYTHE SWORD which traces the descendants of william Smythe (d. 1801 in Dauphin County, PA). if you are interested, i still have a few copies on hand. they sell for $40. plus $4 s&h I have added several pages of addendum since that book came out inb 1992. You may send check to me:
Alice Smythe McCabe
2045 Northland Dr.
Lawrenceville, GA 30044

Janet Smythe (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2003 3:55PM GMT
I can't make a connection to PA. My Smythe gorefather came from Antrim in the mid 1800s. However I would like to have a copy of your book tell me about it please.

Posted: 12 Sep 2004 11:40PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2004 5:27PM GMT
Just wondering if you have any record of a Beatrice Smythe who married a Ned W Rockey, had one son born 1945?

Alice McCabe (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2004 2:59AM GMT
Sorry, I don't have knowledge of Beatrice Smythe, etc.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.