Search for content in message boards

TREMELLS

TREMELLS

Barbara Yurkoski (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TREMELLS, McDONALD, THOMPSON, ALEXANDER, WARREN, DUNCAN, LYLE
William and Margaret TREMELLS came to Moore Township in 1832 from the City of Cork, Ireland and farmed on Concession 6, Lot 17. They had 4 children: William, Margaret Jane, Robert and Richard.

Jane TREMELLS and Adam McDONALD, m.1848, had 11 children, and a farm on Concession 6, Lot 10. Surnames of their descendants include THOMPSON, ALEXANDER, WARREN and DUNCAN. Richard McDONALD, son of Jane, died in Sarnia in 1948 and is buried in Bear Creek Cemetery.

Robert's grandson, William Cameron Lyle, was the last Tremells in Mooretown, dying in 1954, and was Secretary-Treasurer for the Moore Union Cemetery for some time.

Richard's wife Mary died in Mooretown in 1941.

I would appreciate any information from anyone who has knowledge of the Tremells family in Mooretown.

Re: TREMELLS

Posted: 11 Jul 2007 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
I may have some info for you. I have Mary Jane Tremmells m. to Adam McDonald. One son, John W. Mcdonald m. Annie Mable Duncan. They had 3 children. I would like to know how the Alenander tie in and if you have info you could share. I am researching Alexanders as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.