Search for content in message boards

duncan and jane mcvannel

duncan and jane mcvannel

Posted: 18 Nov 2001 1:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 May 2002 2:19AM GMT
i am researching my father's family and would appreciate any info related to these two people....buried in St Mary's Prot. Cem .Sec A ..im hoping that they turn out to be my gg uncle and aunt but i can not be sure without dates of birth and death..thanks

Re: duncan and jane mcvannel

jim (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2001 3:22PM GMT
The following are in section 'A' of the St.Marys Cemetery:

Row 15, # 2 Duncan McVannell died April 21, 1871 age 33, erected by his wife Jane McVannell (no mention that Jane is buried here).

Row 1, # 2 Kate E. Bartlett 1872 - 1956 w/o Duncan McVannell

Also buried in this cemetery without a gravestone is this entry: Duncan McVannell died 1880 age 87

Posted: 8 Jan 2002 7:42PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2005 5:20PM GMT
Duncan McVannell b abt 1793, wife Mary Dawson b abt 1796 and family emigrated from Argyllshire Scotland to Blanshard Twp Canada West in 1848. Family: Janet b 1834, Peter b 1835, Duncan b 1839, Elizbeth b 1841. Janet m Malcolm Walker 1863 went to live in Toledo OH USA, Peter m Mary McDougall 1867 lived in Blanshard Twp, Duncan m Jane McCulloch 1867 also lived in Blanshard. Elizabeth (my ggmother) m John McMaster 1862 lived near St Marys and later Tara in Bruce Co. Hope this helps.

Posted: 9 Jan 2002 5:07AM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2002 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: mcvannel mcmaster
thank you for your help........duncan mcvannel( mary's husband) father was peter mcvannel but thats as far back as i have gotten....peter had a brother named duncan also but i havent been able to gather anything else on those two brothers or their parents or siblings....do you have any suggestions?.....

ruth w (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2006 6:48PM GMT
Hi just noticed your message on the board. Do you know if John McMaster had a brother Robert, Robert came from Ireland with his parents and settled in Sterling , then in Hasting Co., Robert than married Jane Belshaw they moved over by Southampton then up to the Pike Bay area. I also noticed the McDougald's are they related to the Verts or Duncan Campbell from Pike Bay area as well. Not sure if there is any conection with your family. Please e-mail at evangeline@bmts either way.
Thanks Ruth W

Duncan McDougall (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2006 11:46PM GMT
Hi Ruth
John McMaster in my email did not have a brother Robert and my McDougalls had no connection with the places you mentioned.
Good luck with your hunting.
Duncan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.