Search for content in message boards

wanto to find family

wanto to find family

Shirley Ann Santo Walton (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Santo, Szanto, Stellar, Ackerman
I believe my grandfather John Stephen Santo (americanized) was born in Debrecen Hungary on 17 February 1883. My grandmother Anna Marie Stellar (or Mary) was born in Bazaton, Hungary on October 2, 1894. They came to america, not sure if married in USA or Hungary. They lived in both Wisconsin, where my father John S. Santo and aunt Kathryn were born and later moved to Ohio. I believe my grandfather had a brother Alexander who later changed his name to Akerman (Ackerman) and a sister Elizabeth. I have no further information on the siblings. My grandfathers parents were Alexander Santo and Elizabeth Stoz of Hungary.
Can you help me find out any information on these ancestors? Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you.
Posted: 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: STOLZ-STOLCZ, HULL, BOHM-BOEHM, BAUMAN, BITTMAN, SCHULD-SULD, POLTL, CZIPF-ZIPF
I am researching the above surnames from the Bakony area
(Veszprem megye) Hungary.
I do have an Elisabeth Stolz b:1871, d/o Gyorgy Stolz b:
1836 s/o Janos Stolz b: 1790 s/o Gergely Stolz.
If this is of interest to you please reply.

Bittman's in Bakonynana

Posted: 3 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2004 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Bittman's
Also researching Bittman's. GGF lawrence married teresa Benes after brother Nicholas died of yellow fever while in Army. GF Stephen b. 1-31-1888 in Csesznek. married Julia vajcs, b. 8-18-1887 Csatka. Migrated USA early 1900's to Ohio.
Mother's mother Elizabeth Stefanko, b. 7-26-1885 Bakonynana. Mother Caroline Doma. Father George Stefanko. Sisters Annie, Katie. Any information helpful. Thanks in advance. Bill

Elizabeth Szanto

Joe Solomon (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SOLOMON, SZANTO, ARPASI
Interestingly enough I have a grandmother ELIZABETH AANTO who married JOSEPH SOLOMON. They moved to Racine Wisc. in 1906. My father was born there. Sometime around 1912 they returned to Hungary.

Re: wanto to find family

Posted: 9 Jan 2003 4:10AM GMT
i have a Stephen J Santo, who married Vera H. it shows he was born in Salond, and Vera in Magyarorszag?
in 1920, and 1930's lived in Paulding Co. Oh.
some children were born in Michigan, looking there now

Re: Stolz

John Bittman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2005 1:49AM GMT
Hi: My parents, John Bittman and Katie Gaal were born in Bakonyoslop Hungary and the Stoltz name was mentioned many times. I am not sure if they were inlaws of my parents or cousins. It is hard to recall as my parents and their brothers and sisters are not alive. Have you ever been in touch with Carmine Rizzo, who lives in Florida, priviously from New Jersey(where my aunt Theres Traier, nee Gaal also lived). She is big into geneology and is familiar with Oslop names? I live in Dundas Ontario Canada. Another name in the family is Kerper. My parents' families left for Germany when the communists took over the government and I have not been able to locate the Gaals and Bittmans. I guess you know why there were German speaking Hungarians in Bakony, as they escaped German territories during the 30 Years War to find peace and safety. That lasted about 300+ years until the next wave of terror that sent them back to German speaking areas. Bakonyoslop means Mountain Outpost so I guess they kept vigilant for many years , as gentle pacifists. Have been to Oslop , just after the Communists left in the early 90s. My parents, John was born May 27, 1906 and my mom was born Feb. 4, 1909. John Died on January 20, 1969 and Katie died May 4, 1986. Bye
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.