Search for content in message boards

John Waddell

John Waddell

Posted: 16 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2003 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Waddell
I have a copy of John Waddells Social Security applicaton dated January 28,1955 (he was 71 years of age). Not my family, will gladly send to his family.John had no middle name, born Sept 5,1883(?)hard to read.Newry,County down,Ireland. father was Thomas Mayne Waddell, mother was Elizabeth Mulligan. his address in 1955 was RFD Ludington,Mich. Occupation, Farmer.
Dave Waddell, FL

Re: John Waddell

Posted: 26 Aug 2006 7:23AM GMT
Hello David Did anyone ever claim John Waddell's Social Security docket? I am in process of publishing book about all the Waddell families in Ireland. Thomas Mayne's father was Rev John = Jane Reid and his siblings were Hugh,Mary =Harshaw, Alexander =McClelland. His grandfather was Rev Hugh of Glenarm Co Antrim son of Hugh = Jane Mayne gs of William d 1740. They all belonged to Waddells of Ouley townland at Newry Co Down.

David W. Waddell Sr. (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2006 11:41AM GMT
Caraline,
No one claimed it yet. I should still have it "somewhere". That post is about six years old, so heaven knows where I filed it! I will look and if I find It I will be happy to send it. I just need your Snail mail address.
Dave

Posted: 26 Aug 2006 12:57PM GMT
Hello Dave - Thank You very Much my address 14 St Mary's Mead Witney Oxfordshire England OX28 4EZ - my maiden name was Waddell/Woodall from N Ireland - before 1589 from near Airdrie in Lanarkshire. Back to about 1550 but all surrounding farms belonged to Waddells at some stage - oldest farm has records back to 1400s - could be related to a Walter de Wadhull who came from Flanders in 1066 - know part of his family went to Scotland -one was godson of King David I

Posted: 7 May 2008 11:35PM GMT
I am trying to find any information I can about Hugh Mayne, born 1900 in Balymena to Agnes Mayne. This is all that I have except that no father is listed on the birth certificate. I have no info about Agnes or her family. I was interested to read about Rev. Hugh, etc. as this is the area that Hugh is from.

Posted: 10 May 2008 6:17AM GMT
Sorry I have done no work on the Main, Mayne family

Posted: 21 Nov 2014 11:05AM GMT
I have finally caught up with this John Waddell. He was born on 5 September 1881, son of Thomas Mayne Waddell and Elizabeth Martin Mulligan, known as Lizzie. This family were of the Waddells of Ouley in the parish of Newry, County Down, Northern Ireland, said to be descended from William Waddell, son or brother of John Waddell the Martyr of Ryden, New Monkland, Lanarkshire Scotland. William was sentenced to transportation, but escaped when the ship 'Crown of London' was wrecked in Orkney, and fled to Ireland. Assuming all this to be correct, this John is my umpteenth cousin several times removed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.