NIMROD KISER, Sr., Fourth son of JOSEPH KISER and SUSANNA STACY, b. 1788 in Russell County, Va, d. 1828 in Russell County, Va, married MARY Â“POLLYÂ” BREEDING, b. 1796 in Virginia, d. before 1870 in Letcher County, Ky, d/o SPENCER and WINEFRED HURST BREEDING. Nimrod and Â‘PollyÂ” lived near the Muster Ground on the Clinch River near Carbo, Virginia. Nimrod died shortly after his last childÂ’s birth. Abraham Childress was granted administration of his estate on 8 Oct 1828. Inventory of his property was filed on 1 Dec 1828, and the sale bill of same was filed on 2 Dec 1828, his property having been sold on 15 Nov 1828. He is buried on a cliff on the south bank of the Clinch River, just above Carbo along with his nephiews WARREN, EPHRIAM and ELIJAH KISER. No tombstones have ever been erected there. Â“PollyÂ” took her children to Letcher County, Ky, to be near her brother, Elisha Breeding and his family, and lived with her son Nimrod. They settled on Camp Branch of Rockhouse Creek. Her brother Elisha and his family had already moved to Ky and settled on what is now called BreedingÂ’s Creek.
1. ELIZABETH KISER, b. 1815 in Russell County, Va, d. ____, never married
2. WINNIE KISER, b. ____, Russell County, Va, d. ____, never married
3. GOULD KISER, b. ____, Russell County, Va, d. ____ (went to Kentucky when young),
4. WASHINGTON KISER, b. 1820 in Russell County, Va, never married, lived with brother Nimrod
5. NAMON KISER, b. 1 Jan 1822 in Russell County, Va, d. 11 Mar 1919 in Letcher County, Ky,
married THURSA SYKES, b. 16 Sep 1827 in Russell County, Va, d. 4 Mar 1917 in Letcher County, Ky. Had 11 children: MARY AN; ELIHU; SAMUEL; SALAH; LETTY; JOHN; ELIZABETH; (unnamed male); MARTHA; JAMES; DORA BELL KISER
6. NIMROD KISER, Jr., b. __ ___ 1824, Russell County, Va, d. ____ in Ashland, Boyd County, Ky, married on 9 Aug 1850 in Letcher County, Ky to MARY ANN Â“POLLYÂ” SUMNER, b. Indiana, d. Ashland, Ky, d/o James and Nancy Adams Sumner. Nimrod moved his family to Boyd County, Ky sometime after the 1870 census and before the 1880 census. Had 13 children: MARTHA; JAMES; NAMON; ELIJAH; JOSEPH; NANCY; ABRAHAM; THURSA; ALLIE; SUSAN; NIMROD; ELSIE; MARY KISER
7. MARTHA KISER, b. 1826, Russell County, Va, d. ____ - lived with her brother Nimrod until she married on 18 Dec 1850 in Letcher County, Ky to JOHN EVERAGE.
Sources: Census, Tax and Marriage records. Books: Some Descendants of John Counts of Glade Hollow and Pioneer Recollections, both by E. J. Sutherland
My original post was created several years ago. Since that time, further research into the Breeding line has revealed the correct parentage of Nimrod Kiser, Sr.'s wife to be SPENCER BREEDING and ELIZABETH FINNEY. (Winifred Hurst married Spencer "New River" Breeding, not our Spencer "Clinch River" Breeding.
Sorry for the erroneous post.