Search for content in message boards

Lotenboka translation needed

Lotenboka translation needed

James Acheson (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mickelson, Mikkelsson, Mikkelsdatter, Christiansdatter
I have located my family in Lotenboka, and I need a translation of the abbreviations and language. Here is the quote:
"Mikkel Olsen, broker 1861 - 73, f. pa Kongstorp 1833, g. 1858 m. Inge Christiansdatter Sagaabaken, f. 18/2 (18 Feb) 1831

Barn:
1. Oline, f. 30/11 1858.
2. Christian, f. 1/11 1860
3. Andreas, f. 16/11 1862. Utv. til USA. Kom tilbake og kjopte garden Stor-Skjelve i Stange.
4. Ole, f. 2/12 1864.
5. Gunnaar, f. 30/3 1867, g. m.gbr pa Nordberg, Gudbr. O. Rynning"

I am also looking for information on the parents of Mikkel Olsen (b. ca 1833, Nyborg Farm, Loten), his wife Inge Christiansdatter (b. February 18, 1831 Sagaabaken Farm), and the descendant families & marriage information of Oline Mikkelssdatter & Gunnaar Mikkelsson.

Re: Lotenboka translation needed

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 5:31PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2002 3:28PM GMT
Hi!
I do not know much about the Loten (Løten) area, but I will help you with the abbreviations.

"Mikkel Olsen, broker 1861 - 73, f. pa Kongstorp 1833, g. 1858 m. Inge Christiansdatter Sagaabaken, f. 18/2 (18 Feb) 1831

broker: I suppose it says ”bruker”, which means ”user” (of a farm), peasant, but not neccessarily the owner.
f.: born (”født”)
pa (”på”) at Kongstorp
g. 1858 m. Inge C.: married Inge C. in 1858 (”gift med”)
Sagaabaken: rather Sagabakken?
Olsen: son of Ole. Christiansdatter: daughter of Christian.

Barn: Children
1. Oline, f. 30/11 1858. Born Nov 30th 1858 (dd/mm yyyy)
2. Christian, f. 1/11 1860
3. Andreas, f. 16/11 1862. Utv. til USA. Kom tilbake og kjopte garden Stor-Skjelve i Stange.
Emigrated (”utvandret”) to the USA. Returned and bought the farm Stor-Skjelve in Stange (neigboring township)
4. Ole, f. 2/12 1864.
5. Gunnaar, f. 30/3 1867, g. m.gbr pa Nordberg, Gudbr. O. Rynning"
Married the peasant at Nordberg, Gudbr(and) O Rynning

I hope someone can help you with the rest as well!

All the best
Ola
http://hjem.sol.no/olakaa

Jim Acheson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2001 6:14PM GMT
Surnames: Mickelson, Pederson
Thank you so much for the translation, Ola! You have yeilded several new clues for me as my search has recently taken me into the world of Norwegian genealogy. Your translation documents the 'family lore' that Andreas (Andrew) returned to Norway. My particular line are the Pedersons & Mickelsons of Bosque County, TX. The Pedersons emigrated to Texas in 1867 via Quebec, The Mickelsons following in 1881-1882. Thank you for taking the time to do the translation for me, Ola. Good luck with your genealogy! Regards, Jim Acheson

Information about Mikkel Olsen and family

Espen Skjærbakken (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2001 9:49AM GMT
Hello James,

I have some information about Mikkel Olsen b.1833 in Løten and his family. You can take a look at the webpages mentioned below, and tell my what you'd like me to send you, as a text file or as a gedcom etc.

http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?o...

Regards

Espen Skjærbakken

Re: Information about Mikkel Olsen and family

Posted: 1 Dec 2006 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Mikkelson
Dear Espen, my name is Dorothy Reed Pace and my great-great grand mother is Oline Mikkelsdatter Knudsen. She is the daughter of Mikkel and Inge Olsen. Oline’s oldest daughter Mary is my father’s mother. I was raised in Oakland, California. Oline moved to California after the death of her husband Evan in about 1910. I found your descendant list on Ancestry.com. I believed you are related to Oline’s brother Andreas through his son Melvin. I would like to incorporate your family information into my listing.

In 1965 I visited Gilge in Stange. I believe I stayed with Pulmer’s family. I remember Brit and Arve and another sister. I would be interested in hearing from you. Dorothy Pace

PS I have a photograph of Inge.

Posted: 1 Dec 2006 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Mikkelson, Knudson
I am the great granddaughter of Oline Mikkelsdatter Knudsen.
Daughter of Mikkel and Inge Olsen. I have photo of Inge.
Please write.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.