Search for content in message boards

Western South Carolina Whitfields-

Western South Carolina Whitfields-

Posted: 6 Jun 2003 6:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2003 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: Whitfield, Palmer, Tucker, Vandiver
I have been told my my my older relatives that I am related to Lewis Whitfield and Helena Vandiver Whitfield from the Western part of South Carolina. I have my lineage from my great great grandfather, Thomas Warren Whitfield ( wife IDA Tucker) but can find no documentation on his father, "George"
supposedly he was born in 1826 and died in 1856. He was married to a Sarah Palmer but can not find any records at all. Can anyone help. George is supposed to be a son of Lewis Whitfield. There seem to be many records concerning Lewis.

Re: Western South Carolina Whitfields-

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Whitfield
I found this in the book "WHITFIELD RECORDS OF THE UNITED STATES 1620 1995 complied by Vallie Jo Whitfield, page 523

"LEWIS WHITFIELD born 1789 Bertie County, North Carolina and died after 1850 in Pendleton District, SC. Lewis married Elena Vandiver of SC and they made their home there. They has twelve children. JEPTHA WHITFIELD, PHOEHA WHITFIELD, MARY ANN WHITFIELD, REBECCA WHITFIELD, WILLIAM WHITFIELD born 16 August 1823,GEORGE WHITFIELD, LEWIS WHITFIELD born 35 May 1828, BENJAMIN WHITFIELD, MARTHA WHITFIELD, DRURY WHITFIELD, MARY B WHITFIELD, PETRA WHITFIELD (Peter on census). Land in northwest cornerof South Carolina State."
(" Sc Dept of Archive and History. CAI p.22653.ARSMR680.")
Hope this will help
Bobbi

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Hello Bobbi,
Thank you for such specific information about Lewis Whitfield.
It is nice to have official documentation. George Whitfield was the missing link in my being able to fit together a lineage going way back. If you are still looking for information on Whitfields maybe I could return the favor. Just send me a specific question(s). Thanks again.
Gary Whitfield

Posted: 13 Dec 2007 4:06PM GMT
I have been told that my gg grandfather comes from this group of whitfields. His name is Gordon Whitfield b 1880 in GA.Gordon married Mary Campbell. Gordon's father was a William Demarcus Whitfield he married Nancy Nelms. Both from SC. My grandfather was Gordon's & Mary's son William Clayton Whitfield. Born in SC. I cannot find out who William Demarcus family were. I need help. Anyone out there with more info on this family? I'd appreciate any help possible.
Thanks
Cat

Posted: 13 Dec 2007 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: Whitfield's from Anderson SC
Hi Gary,
I am looking for info on supposedly the same family. I am looking for my gg grandfather's family. His name was Gordon Whitfield b 1880 in GA. Married Mary Campbell. Gordon's father was William Demarcus Whitfield he married Nancy Nelms both from SC. This is as far as I can go. I am stuck. Please help me if you can. I'd appreicate any help you could give me.

Posted: 13 Dec 2007 8:53PM GMT
Classification: Census
Found this Census Record concerning Gordon Whitfield using Ancestry.com It lists the father as W. M. Whitfield I believe. Mother is Nancy. From Habersham county GA. Gordon is listed as being 1 month old ~ Born 1880.
How certain are you of William Whitfield's middle name, Demarcus? I will keep looking.
Attachments:

Posted: 13 Dec 2007 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Brock, Donald, Spearman, Brady, Whitfield, Davis, Crocker, Stokes
Don't remember where I got this, but I have Thomas Warren WHITFIELD born 29 March 1852 died 23 June 1936 in Oconee County SC. Brother of James L.O. Whitfield. Son of Gordon Whitfield and Sarah Palmer Whitfield. Grandson of Lewis Whitfield and Helena Vandiver Whitfield.
Also, I have William Demarcus Whitfield born about 1858, brother of Jemimah and Elvira Whitfield, son of Rebecca Whitfield, grandson of Lewis Whitfield and Helena Vandiver Whitfield.
Allen

Posted: 13 Dec 2007 10:36PM GMT
Wow, where did you find that info? Gordon was married to a Mary Campbell. I don't know anything about a Sarah Palmer.
Also, was Whitfield Rebecca's married name?

Posted: 13 Dec 2007 11:44PM GMT
OOPS!!! I got names crossed. Thomas Warren Whitfield's father was George, as indicated in the first note on this thread. You must be right about Gordon, but I don't have that name in my info. Sorry about the senior moment.
About Rebecca, I haven't checked any of this, but one our cousins and one of her direct descendants said she never married, and was a daughter of Lewis.

Posted: 14 Dec 2007 12:08AM GMT
Hey I have those senior moments all the time. Can you email me and tell me more about your family and cousins?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.