Search for content in message boards

Charteris Family

Charteris Family

Lynn Carter (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CHARTERIS, McCULLOUGH
Searching for Janet Gillespie CHARTERIS in Brisbane, Queensland. Married John (Jack) McCULLOUGH in Brisbane 1888. Janet's parents were William CHARTERIS and Johan Henderson WATSON.

Re: Charteris Family

Jenny Butler (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2002 12:13PM GMT
Hi,
I have some info. on Janet's sister Margaret b. 1867 who married in Bribane in 1897 to John Donaldson. I also have a little on ancestors - you may have more by now. anyway hope to hear from you
regards
jenny

Lynn Carter (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2002 10:27PM GMT
Hi Jenny
Would love to hear about the information you have on the Chartiers family in Brisbane. Please email me at gordon.lynn.carter@clear.net.nz
I have information about the McCullough family that married into the Chartiers family.

Regards Lynn

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 11:23AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Charteris / Watson / Donaldson
hello Jenny this is june Axisa, my great grandparents were margaret Charteris & John Donaldson.
I have all ths info on the Donaldson family history back to the late 1770s in Ireland. I need more info on Margaret Charteris, like when she immigrated from Scotland to Queensland. I know she was born in 1867 & married John Donaldson in 1897 & her parents were William Charteris & Joan Henderson Watson. There is a record of William Charteris purchasing Land in Brisbane in 1891
I cannot find records of him emmigrating to Queensland.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.
June

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 2:41AM GMT
pLEASE CONTACT ME RE YOUR CONNECTION TO dONALDSONS - SURE WE HAVE SPOKEN, BUT HAVE OTHER INFO TO SHARE - CHEERS, nOEL

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 7:08AM GMT
Surnames: Donaldson....Charteris....
Hi, this is June Axisa replying to your Email....
John & Isabella Donaldson were my great great grandparents.
I have done a lot of Donaldson family history research & I have a lot of Information on them...They were married in Templemore in Derry in Ireland in March 1863. They made their way to London & sailed on the Star of England, arriving in Moreton Bay in September of 1863.... I accessed the Courier Mail archives for September 14th 1863 & found the "Shipping News" showing the arrival of the Star of England.
In the 1868 Brisbane Census, it shows John Donaldson listed as living on Petrie Terrace near the City in Brisbane. John passed away in 1896 , so he & Isabella only had 30 years together as husband & wife.
I accessed the Qld. Electoral Roll commencing in 1903 to 1980, it shows Isabella Donaldson listed as living at 32 Cricket Street.Brisbane... I went onto Google Earth to find the address, & I found the house, it is a two storey house, & heritage listed. It is currently used as a Backpacker Hostel. aerial photo of the house shows it is off Petrie Terrace & close to Coronation Drive in the Toowoong / Milton area. You can also Google the house at 32 Cricket Street, Brisbane & see what it looks like now.
John & Isabella's son John, married Margaret Charteris in 1897, I do not have any research on her sisters, Jane or Janet, after they arrived in Brisbane..I haven't done much genealogy research for months now, due to Medical issues...

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Charteris
Hi June - Sorry to hear you have been out of sorts - I have been doing a bit more to the research side, but has got to stage that is becoming hard work. Hope you are coping with the hot weather - fires and not much rain - all adds to some very draining days - best regards, Noel James
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.