Search for content in message boards

Huntingdon, Quebec

Huntingdon, Quebec

Sharon Job (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kelly, Donahoe, Douglass, Furey, Feeney, Henry, Cain, Sparrow
Looking for any of the above family names. I am just beginning my search. I recently read there is a book by Robert F. McGee and also Robert Sellar on the history of the county of Huntingdon. I also read that they are out of print, but may have been reprinted and are avaliable from some source. I need to know what that source might be. Can anyone help.

Someone just sent me some photocopies of pages from a book that were given to them that covers many of the Douglass's in Godmanchester, County Huntingdon, Quebec. The only identifying marks I have is at the top of each page it says "Commerative Biographical Record". The page numbers on the pages are 327,328,529,530,531. Does that sound like a book anyone is familiar with. Based on the page numbers it must be a very large book.

Thanks. Sharon

Answers to Questions

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2002 2:23AM GMT
Robert Sellar's History (and McGee's companion)can be purchased from the Quebec Family History Society. It is listed at:
http://www.cam.org/~qfhs/bookstr.html
It is also available through the Chateauguay Valley Historical Society -- mailing address is listed on the "Useful Links" Huntingdon GenWeb page.

The photocopies pages sound like they may come from Belden, H. & Co. Historical Atlas of Quebec Eastern Townships, Illustrated. 1881. I might be wrong. The book gives brief biographies for various individuals in the area (who subscribed to the Atlas.)

Re: Huntingdon, Quebec

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2002 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Setterington, Douglas, Russelo, Bell
The 'Commerative Biographical Record' was published in many areas of the country. I have one for Essex County, Ontario with Douglas's in it. Most large or main libraries usually carry a copy for their own area. The geneological society in certain areas have copies for sale, as I know Essex Co. does.
If you have not heard from whoever sent you the copy, perhaps contact a main library for assistance. Was it a Quebec county you were after??

George

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: KELLY
Are the KELLEY'S in Huntingdon of the family of John Kelly?
There was a daughter Martha and a son David. There were other children also.

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 4:41PM GMT

I have just started my research on the Furey family in Quebec and Ontario. I have Sparrow and Feeny names in the info I have found.
the Furey line is Charles, Ireland to Quebec, John 1821, married Elizabeth Jane Sparrow. His son Charles born 1845 in Que. moved to Essex co ON. Willing to share if our lines connect. Marion

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 4:41PM GMT

I have just started my research on the Furey family in Quebec and Ontario. I have Sparrow and Feeny names in the info I have found.
the Furey line is Charles, Ireland to Quebec, John 1821, married Elizabeth Jane Sparrow. His son Charles born 1845 in Que. moved to Essex co ON. Willing to share if our lines connect. Marion

Posted: 12 Jan 2007 4:12AM GMT
http://www.rootsweb.com/~qcchatea/index.html

e-mail The Chateauguay Historical Society the Sellars book sels for $40.00 with suppliment also check out this other site

http://www.rootsweb.com/~qchuntin/Default.htm

Great place to glean information, happy hunting and enjoy

Posted: 27 Jan 2007 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Fury/Feeny/Mulholland
Marion,

Do you have any listing for a Patrick Fury m Mary Mulholland, Hinchinbrooke, Canada, 1833.

Trying to connect to your Charles Fury Sr.

Have Feeny/Feeney info also. Same family.

Kathleen

Posted: 27 Jan 2007 3:20AM GMT
No they are not of John Kelly. Sorry

Posted: 27 Jan 2007 4:22AM GMT

Hi Kathleen, I have a Patrick born abt. 1828, son of Charles (1787) Furey and Margaret Douglass. That's all I know about him at the present time. Sorry I am not very helpful. Marion
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.