Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Winter

Benjamin Winter

Ginger Christensen (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Winter, Lee, Reeder, Miller

I am looking in the Fairfield, Ohio area for the following names Benjamin Winter who married Elizabeth Miller on May 26, 1816 in Fairfield, Ohio. Their daughter, Esther Winter, married William A. Lee on Oct. 5, 1844. They lived in Fairfield, Ohio for 28 years and then moved to Tipton, Cedar Co., Iowa. They were my great grandparents and any leads sent me would be greatly appreciated.

Miller/Winter families

Posted: 1 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 9:22PM GMT
Surnames: WINTER, MILLER, LEFFLER, SIMON, PARKINSON, MILLIKIN, ROBINSON, LOCKHART, SCHAEFFER, HEWITT, BUETT, EDWARDS, SEESHOLTS
I have both Miller and Winter in my line connected in Donegal Twp, Washington Co PA in 1700s; early 1800s in Licking Co OH; on to Illinois and Iowa. Give me more information and I will try to place them. Sharleen Geraths

Daniel David Winter

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2003 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: Winter
Searching for Daniel David Winter and Telitha Sarrow Bowers who were married Jan 18, 1877 in Charlton, IOWA? He age 30 and she age 17. This is my paternal great grandparents. Thank you for any help you can be.

winter

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: winter
I have a Daniel Winter, age 27, son of Ozias & Sarah Elizabeth/Eleanor Downs, born OH, in the 1850 census of Stark Co., IL. In 1866 Ozias lived in Blue Earth/Watonwan Cos, MN. Ozias and my William Wilson Winter were brothers. William Wilson had a son who lived in Centerville IA. Check out the proximaty of the place of marriage and Centerville. PERHAPS.
Joyce Winter Kahre

Daniel David Winter

Posted: 18 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2003 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: WINTER, DICKINSON, BOWERS
Thank you for your quick response. Perhaps this could be a connection somewhere. I found an Ozais Winter who died in Wahkiakum County, State of Washington around 1915/1916 at the library. My David Daniel Winter relocated with his eldest daughter, Priscilla, to this area in 1888; where they lived 37 some years. Do you have any death information on Ozias to see if they may be the same people. I am trying to locate my grandma's sister Katherine Telitha Winter born in Boulder, CO in APRIL 1883 or 1884. My grandma: Priscilla Winter born June 1881 in Denver, CO. Their mother died about 14 days after Katherine was born. She was taken in by a family by the name of Romig in Boulder. Also, I have information on a Daniel David Winter marriage to Vina P. Bowers July 1, 1875 in Lucas Co., IOWA he age 28, she age 18. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Re: Winter

Posted: 30 Dec 2001 8:01PM GMT
I was just looking for information on this family, I have Ozias Winter age 33 Farmer bn OH
Sarah E. age 33 bn VA
Wilson age 9 bn Oh
Daniel age 7 bn Oh
Andrew J. age 5 OH
Ozias age 9/12 bn IL
This family is found just above my family of Sylvester Sweet age 55 farmer bn NY
Cynthia age 49 bn Mass
Cyrus age 21 brick maker bn NY
Mary A. age 16 NY
Lois age 14 NY
Sylvester 12 NY
Wheeler B. 29 NY
Elizabeth 21 bn OH (this is Wheeler's wife)
Alice E. 3 bn IL
Mariette M. 1 bn IL
Sararina Winter 75 Connecticut
Mary 33 PA
Lawrence Hunt 18 labor Ireland
George Carothers 21 NY
James Stinson 25 brick maker NY
I am trying to figure out if there is a relationship between the Winter family and the Sweets. Any help you can give will be appreciated, thanks

Sharleen Geraths (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2002 3:38AM GMT
I do not have anyone by that name in my Winter file. Sorry I can't help.

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Winter
I have Winter ancestors from Stark county Illinois and found a neat web site, www.fbctoulon.com. In the history of the church it mentions Ozias Winter and a Sweet. In the photo of early church members is Ozias Winter pictured?

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 7:28PM GMT
I do not have a connection to a Sweet or Ozias Winter. My Winters came from Germany to Berks Co/Washington Co PA to Licking Co OH to LaSalle Co IL and all points west. Sorry I can't help.

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 7:28PM GMT
I do not have a connection to a Sweet or Ozias Winter. My Winters came from Germany to Berks Co/Washington Co PA to Licking Co OH to LaSalle Co IL and all points west. Sorry I can't help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.