Search for content in message boards

Tillmans of Toledo, Ohio

Tillmans of Toledo, Ohio

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 10:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tillman
I'm looking for any info on Wavel Irene Tillman, born 1902, or her brother, Clarence Tillman, born 1897 and married Arrilla Egger. Both were born in Hardin Co, Ohio and were the children of Henry Tillman and Leona Edens. Clarence was living in Toledo, Ohio, in 1920. Anyone know these names? Thanks. Ed

Re: Tillmans of Toledo, Ohio

Posted: 22 Aug 2002 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: TILLMAN
Are you the person who was wanting the obituary for William Clinton Tillman who died in Lima Allen County Ohio? I have it but don't seem to have record of whom wanted it from the Message Board. Jane

EdTillman (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2002 10:55PM GMT
Jane- No. I have that information.
Ed

Emanual Tillman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2002 8:04PM GMT
Hi,

I have relatives from Toledo. I am from Arkansas actually. My Greatgrandmother was named Francis Glover-Tillman and her husband's name was Charles Tillman "Papa Charlie", She has a daughter who lives in Toledo now, her name is Martha Griswold. By the way, we are of african-american decent.

Thanks

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 11:21PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: TILLMAN
Hi Emmanuel - I am very interested in your African descent. I believe my 4 grt grand, Tobias Tillman, Revolutionary War patriot, had people who took his name. The census tells us he was a slave holder. Do you know more about your ancestors. Tobias lived in Virginia. My files probably have some better geographic information. We lived in Defiance Ohio at one time and often came to Toledo. Jane

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 4:06PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2012 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Tillman, Edens
I have info on the Tillmans that you are looking for. Clarence is buried in Careyville, TN. Wavel married and had a child that died but she passed away after that and never had anymore children. Her husband passed away shortly after their baby was born. She is buried in a cemetery in Youngstown, OH Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I know that Clarences last child passed away a few months ago. I have spoken to her daughter Martha Knaggs.
I do not have an ancestry subscription so you can email me at wandainjax@yahoo.com. Sorry for the delay.

Wanda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.