Search for content in message boards

the Vallance and Fields of Greenup Co.

the Vallance and Fields of Greenup Co.

Wanda Vallance Rowland (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1999 8:03PM GMT
I would like information about background of Leanord Vallance who married Emaline Fields in Elliot, Co.,Moved to Flatswoods which was named Cheap in Greenup Co. There was a link to Barneys of Philly Who were org.from Norfolk Co.Ireland.

Vallance Family of Greenup co, Ky

Posted: 14 Feb 2000 12:28PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2001 9:14PM GMT
Wanda, I have alot on the Vallance family that you are looking for. We are Family. Please Email me. debbjelde@aol.com

Re: Vallance Family of Greenup co, Ky

Kay Brown (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2004 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi I am looking for information on Vallances from Greenup KY.
My grandmothers father James Tomas Vallance came from Greenup. Do you have any infor on him or his family? I have hit a brick wall. Thanks for any info. Kay

Posted: 19 Apr 2004 4:54PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2004 2:31AM GMT
Hello cousin Kay;
We of the Vallance Family are always looking for long lost cousins. We have a large group doing research. Please use my e-mail address and we will continue to help you with your family tree.
Debbie Vallance-Bjelde
debbjelde@aol.com

Posted: 30 Aug 2004 1:25AM GMT
Thanks Deborah. Let's grab em' while we can! Thanks as always for helping in the search. Always, Cousin Wanda

Posted: 17 Dec 2004 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: VALLANCE IN GREENUP KENTUCKY
Hi Cousin Kay,
James Thomas Vallance b. March 25, 1865, son of Samuel Henry Vallance and Melissa Reynolds. Have their picture.
Your line will go as James Thomas/Samuel Henry/Harvey Harry/Samuel Valance or Vallance. One L or two, doesn't matter. Seems they couldn't make up their own minds.

James Thomas Vallance was born Jan. 3, 1865 in Greenup, Kentucky and d. Aug. 17, 1897 in Peterson, Wayne County, Missouri. He married Virginia Jones. She was born 1867 and died 1907.
Children:
1. Viola Elizabeth Vallance
2. Ora Mae Vallance
3. Charles Vallance
4. Minnie Ethel Vallance b. Jan. 20, 1897 in Peterson, Wayne County, Missouri and died Dec. 26, 1961 in Taylor, Michigan.

And the tree goes on.... Going so fast... I think you are already part of My family.com for free information on your Vallance Line. Just trying to answer any questions, I should have or could have ..... Bledsaw@Verizon.net

Re: Vallance Family OF America~Do You Like Puzzles???

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: Vallance,Valance,Valence,Southard,Livingston,Bushnell,Benedict,Bush,Barney,Wells,Horsley,Reynolds,Axline,Bledsaw,Kentucky,New York,Greenup, Nassau, Hempstead, Dutchess, New York
From Cousin Wanda:

SUBJECT: SAMUEL VALLANCE B. 1780 IN NEW YORK

Searching for relatives or cousins, pics,research advice,anything concerning Samuel Vallance b. 1780 in New York City.

His parents may have been John Vallance and Elisabeth Southard m. Nov. 1782 but I have no proof whatsoever and even though I guessed about this, Ancestry.com members listed this as his parents, but no proof and no sources.

Just a mere guess on my part many years ago. I am a descendant of both Vallance and Southard Lines since 1660.I have never provided any proof and then Ancestry.com just ran with the notion with no proof or sources.

This John Vallance b. 1754 and died 1805 in Evergreen, New York (The New York Geneological and Biographical Records)
New York, New York

"Fire Cakes and Water" John Vallance, Private. Eight Months, Fifth Prio, Dec. 1777 on command, Jan. 9th, Discharged 1778.

Found in 1790 Census in N. Hempstead, Queens, New York

Found in 1800 NY^Ward 7, New York, New York

Elisabeth Southard b.1768 in North Hempstead, Nassau, NY. Daughter of Richard Southard and Deborah Frost of Dutchess County, New York.

On Ancestry.com it is listed that Elisabeth Southard died 1795 in Hempstead, Livingston, New York but she had an elder Aunt named the same name as Elisabeth Southard, a little older, and cannot comprehend this same Elisabeth died in Livingston, New York unless she later married Robert Livingston. More Research or help from others is needed.

The only child we can find of John Vallance and Elisabeth Southard m. Nov. 1782 is Hannah Eliza Vallance-Benedict of NY.

From the Bushnell Benedict and son, James Benedict and then son Daniel Benedict b. Sept. 14,1797 in Glen Falls,New York married Nov. 30, 1819 to Hannah Eliza Vallance, daughter of John and Elisabeth Vallance who married Nov. 17, 1782 in New York.

Daniel Benedict died in Glen Falls, NY. on March 20, 1867. Hannah Eliza Vallance-Benedict died August, 28, 1869. Hannah was born April 18, 1799.

Hannah would be 19 years older than her brother, our Samuel Vallance born 1780!

What I (we) as Cousins have since discovered:

John Vallance and David Vallance appear to be brothers during the Revolutionary War. My Cousins on myfamily.com believe Samuel's Father is William Vallance who owned land in New York...

Rev. War Bounty Land Grants: William Vallance Sept. 13, 1790. 500 acres to heirs. This does line up to our Samuel.

Samuel Vallance was born in 1780 in NY and John and Elisabeth Vallance were married Nov. of 1782 and had a daughter Hannah Eliza Vallance Born April 18,1799, 19 years later.

Samuel moved from NY to PA (listed on the PA Census of 1790) and then moved to Greenup, Kentucky in 1812. A Voter of Kentucky in 1812. He then married Deliah Horsley of Greenup, KY in 1814 at age 34 which seems to be old for the times marrying his first wife. Deliah has Horsley family from Virginia and Greenup, Kenucky. At this time Kentucky was still Virginia.

Samuel Vallance may have had a family in Pennsylvania. Some of the Vallance/Wells/Barney/Southard family of PA maybe and are related. Samuel Vallance lived in PA for at least 10 years according to his Grandson, Alexander Vallance of Ashland, Kentucky.

One of the oldest pics we have is Samuel Henry Vallance and his wife, Malissa Reynolds Vallance w/children Cordia and Edward. To the right is grandson Charles Vallance(son of James T. Vallance). Picture shared by cousin Kay Brown and date is 1905.

All cousins on our site of myfamily.com are researching all Vallance Lines who arrived in America in 1680 forward.

Again asking for your help in this venture.

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 2:47PM GMT
Seeking the parents of Rebecca 'Becky' Vallance that married Lewis Tingler in Scioto Co., Oh on 17 April 1872.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.