Search for content in message boards

Josiah Bartlett's great-granddaughter?

Josiah Bartlett's great-granddaughter?

Daniel Griffin (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 11:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 5:12AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT, HATHAWAY, SENTENEY, SMITH, BAYLES
In my family history my grandmother wrote in a letter "Josiah Bartlett was my grandmother Hathaway's great-grandfather. She lived with Josiah Bartlett and his wife until she was 18 years old." Unfortunately, grandma Senteney didn't name exactly which person she meant. I think the woman's first name was Maria and possibly last name Smith or Bayles. Anybody can help with this one??
(This is the one who signed the Declaration of Independence)

Re: Josiah Bartlett

Vicki Blanchette (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 8:13PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT
I have lots of info on Josiah Bartlett (signer of the Declaration of Independence). He was my husband's 9th great-uncle (his older brother, Joseph was my husband's 9th great-grandfather). I have this Bartlett line back to an Adam Barttellto who died around 1100 AD. Please e-mail me so I can connect with you on this family history.

Vicki Blanchette

Kenneth A. Bartlett (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 1:55PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 5:32AM GMT
I WOOD LOVE TO SEE THAT INFO :-)

Vicki Blanchette (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 6:03PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 5:29AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT
I found my info at the website FamilySearch.org. I was able to confirm it in a book about Bartletts at my local library dated 1869. More indepth info is on the website. Highlight Richard Bartlett, Ancestrial file.

Richard Bartlett - 1649
Richard Bartlett - 1621
Richard Bartlett - 1575
Edmond Bartlett - 1540
Edmond Barttelot - 1510
Richard Barttelot - 1478
John Barttelet - 1452
Richard Barttelot - 1424
John Barttelot - 1398
The following names are from a pedigree chart in the front of the Bartlett book from my local library.

Thomas Barttelot - Buried in Stopham Church
Richard Barttelott, Esq. ""
John Barttelot, Esq. ""
William Barttelot de Stopham, ""
Adam Barttelot, Esq. - came with William the Conqueror, and seated himself in Ferring Co., Sussex; burried at Stopham, AD 1100

feel free to share this info.

Vicki Blanchette

Re: Josiah Bartlett: Robert Bartlett, b. CA

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 2:17PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2002 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT, POE
My husband's grandfather is Robert Bartlett from California. He has always been told that he was related to Josiah Bartlett, yet no one could give us information. Robert Bartlet's mom left Robert's dad and remarried, who then last name was Poe. Do you have any information?

Re: Josiah Bartlett: Robert Bartlett, b. CA

Laura Spurrier (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2004 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Bartlett
Please post more info about Robert -- where he lived and birth and death dates, if you have them, and even his wife's name (preferably before marriage). There are so many Robert Bartletts that no one can really help you otherwise. I belong to the Calif. Genealogical Society so I can do some checking if you respond.
Note that claims of descent from Josiah Bartlett occur frequently and don't always check out. There were many other Bartlett families back in New England.

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 4:26PM GMT
I just came across your post and am also interested in this line. My Josiah Bartlett also goes back to Adam Barttellto. Would appreciate any information.
Thank You
Irene
idebauche@hotmail.com

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 4:26PM GMT
I just came across your post and am also interested in this line. My Josiah Bartlett also goes back to Adam Barttellto. Would appreciate any information.
Thank You
Irene
idebauche@hotmail.com

Re: Josiah Bartlett's great-granddaughter?

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 4:35PM GMT
I descend from William BARTLETT 1756-1825 who married Sarah HATHAWAY - they raised their kids in Harrison Co, (W)VA. My grandfather also wrote that we descended from Josiah BARTLETT SDI.

Were your roots in VA/WV, like me, or in New England, where Josiah lived.

Jim Bartlett

Re: Josiah Bartlett's great-granddaughter?

Posted: 10 Oct 2007 4:41AM GMT
My gg grandmother was Harriet (Hattie) Louisa Bartlett, the daughter of Jasper Griffin Bartlett and Mary Elizabeth Judson. Jasper (B1840, D1919) was the ggg grandson of Josiah Bartlett, one of the signers of the DOI. I think it's interesting that your last name is his middle name. Hopes this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.