Search for content in message boards

Missouri Cowells

Missouri Cowells

Teresa Cowell Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2001 11:10PM GMT
My father is William Kelly Cowell, father was James Richard Cowell and mother Doris Craig Cowell. William was born and raised in MO, around the Springfield area. He has tried to find more information about his roots but seems to be the last of the Cowells from that area. Are we related to any of the Cowells on this site?

Re: Missouri Cowells

Sara Deatherage (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 11:32PM GMT
Would like to hear from anyone with information on Virginia Cowells. My line in Missouri:
1) John J. Cowell b. ca 1818 VA d. 7 Nov 1847 Chariton Co MO
+ Leathea P. [Parilee ?] unknown b. ca 1829 TN d. bef. 1853 MO Married 2nd Loyd Cash 25 May 1849 Chariton Co MO
Child:
2) John J. Cowell b. 22 April 1847 Chariton Co MO d. 26 Jan 1900 Glendale, Trinity, TX, buried Saron, Trinity, TX married 2 June 1870
+Mary B. Stith b. 24 Nov 1852 Big Springs, Meade KY d. 12 Aug 1938 Marceline, Linn, MO
Children: Edward, Taylor, Willie, Leora, Ella, Thomas, Robert, Josie, Fannie
Sources: Family members; Chariton Co deeds; 1850-1860 Fed Census, Linn Co MO; Chariton Co Marriage Book

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 11:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Cowell family has a branch that settled in Scotland Co, MO 1850s. He was Andrew Cowell Jr. brother to my GGGGrandfather Joseph Cowell of Vermilion Co, IL. Andrew Jr had five living sons: William Henry b. 1841 (IL) d. 1 Sep 1909 buried in Downing City Cemetery. George Washington b. 1846 (IA) and d. 23 Apr 1919, Francis Marion b. 1836 d. 30 Aug 1903, Franklin Pierce b. 1853 Albert Camp Cowell b. 4 Nov 1842 (IA) and d. 15 Apr 1917. If you can connect with these men I can provide full history back to Christian Cowell d. 1815 in Greene Co, PA. myroncowell@q.com

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: Cowell, Driscoll, Quick, Bash
Albert Camp Cowell was my great grandfather. I would appreciate any information you may have.

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 3:05PM GMT
I am related to the cowells by marriage. His fathers name is Charlie Cowell, his grandfather is Sam Neal Cowell that married Lela gilkey his grandfather is George f Cowell. They are from the Gideon, Malden and fredricktown area of Missouri. George married a Molly McCracken I am at a road block any help you can give would be appreciated

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Cowell, Smith, Hocking, Reid
Contact me at: myroncowell@q.com and I will provide email addresses of researchers of our Cowell line. Marily and Marlene Cowell widows of Cowell brothers from George Washington brother to Albert Camp live in Memphis (Scotland Co) MO. The line is Christian (d. 1815) and Mary Hufty Cowell Greene Co, PA - Andrew Cowell b.abt 1778 and died 1828 in Greene Co, PA - Andrew Cowell (Jr) b. 1805 d. 1859 Scotland Co, MO - Albert Camp, George Washington, Francis Marion and Franklin Pierce. I also have a 1857 ledger given to me from Andrew Jr's daughter Cythia Jane Cowell Williamson that lists the entire family data - births, deaths and marriages. Myron Cowell LtCol USAF Ret
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.