Search for content in message boards

CARLISLE'S OF KENTUCKY

CARLISLE'S OF KENTUCKY

Posted: 25 Jun 2002 8:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 May 2005 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: CARLISLE, LESLIE, LESSLY
Looking for information or family of William P CARLISLE of Nelson or Taylor Co, Kentucky. The "P" stand for either Plese or Pleasant. William was married to a Susan LESLIE (Lessly?) William and Susan had the following children:
Anna, Alice, Mattie, John P, Inez, Everett, and Emmett. Emmett was born in 1895, Nelson Co, KY. He was my grandfather. Looking for any information or correspondence.
Mary at ekumm@win.net

Re: CARLISLE'S OF KENTUCKY

Kristina (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 7:37PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2005 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Carlisle, Roberts
Hello Mary, I WAS going to write and ask if you knew if your William P. Carlisle might be related to MY Carlisles (from KY and Indiana) BECAUSE we have a William Carlisle, whom I know nothing about. He is a brother of my 3G grandfather, James C. Carlisle. Their father was Washington Carlisle who had a brother named Pleasant P. Carlisle. AND on the 1880 census of Knox Co. Indiana, Washington has a granddaughter in his household named Mattie J. age 7. I don't know which one of Washington's sons that she belongs to.
BUT....I just saw your William P. and his family AND his parents on the RootsWeb WorldConnect Project, submitted by Karen Roberts, whom you probably know since she has basically the same last name as you. I still wanted to post this JUST IN CASE you hadn't seen her info or in case you hadn't found your William's parents yet.

Posted: 25 Feb 2003 4:32AM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2005 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: CARLISLE, CARLILE, CHILDERS
William's middle name is "Pleasant". But he is the son of John Carlile and Susanna Childers. Maybe John is related to your Washington Carlisle. Would love to hear from you and we can compare notes.
Mary
ekumm@win.net

Kristina (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2003 4:59AM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2005 2:18PM GMT
Surnames: Carlisle, Tryon, Tyrone, Kinder, Huffman, Hoffman, Woolsey, Collins
Thanks for the response! Our Carlisles that we know of so far, start with Ben Carlisle (b. KY) m'd to Sarah Tryon/Tyrone (b. 1802 OH but maybe in TN or KY). Their children are George(?) Washington Carlisle b. Feb 1823 KY; Lavisa b. 1830; Armilda b. 1832; John b. 1835 KY; Pleasant P. b. Feb 1838 KY; and Francis M. b. Aug. 1844 Pike Co. IN. All we know of Ben and Sarah is that when Pleasant filled out marriage papers, he listed as his parents: Ben and Sarah, farmers of KY. We do know, from Francis' Civil War Autobiography online (42nd Ind. Vol.) that Sarah was a widow when Francis was born in 1844 and that she remarried David Kinder in Pike Co. in 1850 and then they moved to Warrick Co. IN. We don't know what happened to Ben or where he may be buried. We have exhausted ourselves searching online resources!! Washington was m'd to Elizabeth J. Huffman or Hoffman (and I can tell you their children if needed). They lived in IN then MO then back to IN (found on 1880 census and thereafter). Lavisa m'd Fleming Woolsey and they went to TX. I found an Armilda Carlisle on the 1850 Grant Co. Williamstown Twp, KY census in the home of a Collins family (the mother was Cordelia and I think the father was James) but I don't know if she is our Armilda. Pleasant P. and Francis M. each married a Nancy and lived in IN.
The mother, Sarah died in 1851 Owen Twp. Warrick Co. IN a year after her marriage to David Kinder. I have a lot of census info on a lot of these and some of their descendants, but cannot find the KY connection except that some were born in KY but where, I don't know.
There's SOME info.....if you want more or need more to see if there's a connection between our Carlisles let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.