married c1835 in Parish of Skull to
Mary Ann Hodnett (Hodnutt/Hudnut?)
emigrated to Quebec, Canada c1842
2 children born in Cork, 11 more born in Quebec

GOGGIN, O'DAY,KELLY,DALY

Posted: 21 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:51AM GMT
Seeking information of John Goggin born June 5, 1844 in Co. Cork or Kerry. Married (1868/69)to Mary O'Day born Aug. 1845. Immigrated to Cleveland, Ohio 1868. John was a marble worker and Mary was a dressmaker. They had 12 children and were Catholic.
Children were: John Thomas b.Aug 1870, Edward b.Aug 1871, William b. May 1880, Ella b. March 1883, Stella b. Feb. 1885, Frank b. May 1888, Kate b. 1877/78, Mary b.1875/76, Delia Day b. 1881 boarder,( Sister, niece to Mother?).
John Thomas and Edward were City of Cleveland fire fighters and believe that Willianm and Frank also became fire fighters. Names of other four children unknown.
Associated families are, Kelly, O'Shea/Shea, Marie Daly b. 1902, Daly, McAvoy, and Bates.
Seeking information of this or any Goggin family, especially medical information.
Many Thanks,
Karen Goggin

Marble works in Co. Cork

Posted: 6 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: GOGGIN, O'DAY, O'DEA, MADIGAN, KELLY
Does anyone know where the marble works would be found in County Cork in the 1860's? Does anyone know how long it would take to learn the trade of marble cutter?

I am also searching for the area in Co. Cork where I would find Goggin, O'Dea and Madigans living near each other and yet be near a marble quarry.

None of the maps that I have show any areas that are listed with quarries.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Hodnett

Marjorie Dixon Wheeling (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hodnett, DeJarnette, Ayres, McGehee
My ancestor, John Hodnett, who lived in Virginia USA prior to the Revolutionary War is thought to have once lived in Cork, Ireland. He placed an ad in a Virgiania newspaper on his arrival asking for information about his father-in-law.

Madigan Family of Co. Cork

Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: Madigan, McCarthy
Searching for the Madigan family who came to Peosta, Iowa following the Trappist Monks.
Michael Madigan was son of Ellen O'Brien and James Madigan. His brothers were James and Albert. Sisters were Josephine, Ellen, Magdalen, Agnes and Molly. I think that I have this straight. Sister Magdalen became one of the first nuns at Sinsinawa, and was also the burser. Sure would like to find out about this family ancestry. Thanks in advance,
Carol in CO

Marble Works

Jamie O'Brien (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
There is a marble works place in Connemara -- the Joyce family (as in James Joyce, the writer) is very much involved with this place, I believe.

Re: Hodnett

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 9:36PM GMT
HI
DO YOU HAVE A - AYRES HODNETT MARR. TO MARY MCGEHEE- WITH A SON BENJAMIN HODNETT.
THANKS JANE ( HODNETT) DOLLAR

Re: Madigan Family of Co. Cork

Jerry Kramer (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2001 6:44AM GMT
Surnames: Madigan
http://www.rootsweb.com/~iadubuqu/platmaps/1874plat/vernon18...

Sorry I do not know history of the family but I believe his farm is now part of our family farm. See link above and section 32 33 of vernon township Dubuque county IA plat map of 1874. they probably went to church at Holy family Church across the road from the monestary. The abby has a web site also http://www.newmelleray.org/

Re: Hodnett

Barb Boswell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2002 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Hodnett, Haggerty
Jane-- My mother-in-law's mother was a Hodnett (from VA). Her family traces back to Ayres and Mary McGehee, through their son John (Benjamin's brother.) I am trying to find out where in Co. Cork Ireland the Hodnett's originated. Any ideas? Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.