Search for content in message boards

Parrish Green, s/o Thomas, m. Patty Wade, 1784, Prince Edward co VA

Parrish Green, s/o Thomas, m. Patty Wade, 1784, Prince Edward co VA

Jan Knox (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2002 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Parrish GREEN, was the son of Thomas and Lucy (DAVIS) GREEN. Martha "Patty" WADE was the daughter of Phillip WADE. The name of her mother is unknown. This couple married on 20/21 December 1784. They were living in Charlotte co VA in the early 1800s, prior to that they may have lived in Halifax co VA. Parrish's estate inventory and appraisement is dated 17 and 18 Dec 1807. I believe the Martha GREEN found in the 1810 Charlotte co VA census is the widow of Parrish, with 4 males and 3 females in her household. There is a Martha GREEN who marries Nahum BLANKENSHIP in Charlotte co on 29 Dec 1810. Is this Parrish's widow, a daughter, or the daughter of one of the other Charlotte co GREEN families? Does anyone have this couple or any of their children in their data? I have a great deal of GREEN and WADE data to share with descendants. Thanks for any help at filling in my many blanks on this family.

Re: Parrish Green, s/o Thomas, m. Patty Wade, 1784, Prince Edward co VA

Posted: 19 Feb 2003 2:42AM GMT
You mention that you have a lot of Green data. I am trying to find the parents of Thomas Green who married Fannie Martin. Thomas was probably born sometime between 1750-60 in Halifax County, NC or Prince Edward, Va. Do you have any data that would tie them together? Thank you.

Sylvia Sink

Jan Knox (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2003 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Green
Hi, no I've never run into a Thomas Green who married a Fannie Martin. None of the Green family I research was in NC that early, if ever. I can follow them all in VA until after 1800. Jan

Posted: 19 Feb 2003 4:10PM GMT
Thank you for your speedy reply. I will keep looking.

Jan Knox (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2003 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Green, Wade, Castleman, Shane, Greer, Brown
Since posting the above, I have found, through research in Charlotte co VA tax lists, deeds, and the court order books, that Parrish and Patty (WADE) GREEN had the following children: Isaiah D., Asaph, Nancy, Martha, Asa, Tyree and Myra. The Martha GREEN of the 1810 Charlotte census is Parrish GREEN's widow. However, she is not the Martha GREEN who married Nahum BLANKENSHIP. An 1812 law suit caused the sale of the land that Parrish owned at his death, it names all the children, with Martha as the guardian for everyone except Isaiah D. and Asaph. Isaiah D., Martha and Myra married in Davidson co TN. Isaiah D. m. Margaret CASTLEMAN, died in 1833, leaving 3 daughters. Martha m. Andrew SHANE (probably Margaret CASTLEMAN's cousin,) moved to Greene co AR, both d. a/1853, leaving 6 children. Myra married John A. GREER and stayed in Davidson co, dying in about 1888, leaving a large family of descendants. Asaph m. Ferribe SAWYERS in Shelby co TN, moved to Caddo parish LA, died apparently between the 1850 and 1860 censuses, and left two, possibly three children. There are many possibilities for marriages of Asa and his sister, Nancy GREEN, in TN, none have been settled, as yet. There is no record of Tyree or his mother, Martha "Patty" WADE GREEN, after the settlement of the lawsuit in October of 1812. I have followed all of these children down for several generations, with my own research and a great deal of help from some of their descendants found on the 'net. If anyone descends from an Asa GREEN born in VA, not yet 21 in 1812, or a Nancy GREEN who married in TN, also not 21 in 1812--she may have married a William BROWN as her sister, Myra GREEN GREER had three children who married children of a William BROWN and Nancy GREEN, in Davidson co TN though no marriage has been found to date for a Nancy GREEN to a William BROWN, or a Tyree GREEN who may have been named for a William TYREE, of Charlotte co VA, so possibly used the name William as an adult, please contact me. These are all collateral families of my direct GREEN line.

Posted: 12 Sep 2006 3:51PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2006 7:27PM GMT
I thought I had my new e-mail entered so that it would show instead of the old one, but it does not. My address is now, knoxcolorado@earthlink.net Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.