Search for content in message boards

BARTKE or BOTKE

Re: BARTKE or BOTKE

Charles Wardell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Are you sure it's Oberpaulsdorf ?
In today's Austria there's a OBERPULLENDORF but that the closest match I can find.
I suggest you try to research eg. using Shtetlseeker (see below).
There might have been such a Oberpaulsdorf in eg. Bohemia.
Do you have any details of province or region ?

BARTKE or BOTKE

John Bartke (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

Searching for connections to Franz Bartke (sometimes referred to as Franz Botke) b. 1847 in Oberpaulsdorf, Austria

Re: BARTKE or BOTKA

Charles Wardell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

If this was in today's Poland, I recommend you post the query in the PolishGenWeb (see below) too.

Re: BARTKE or BOTKA

John Bartke (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

Dear Mr. Wardell:

Thank you for your clarification and also the reference to Shtetlseeker. By talking with family and doing a little bit of research I was able to find out that Oberpaulsdorf was a tiny collection of cottages that probably would not show up on any map. The closest town was Jagerndorf where Franz Y. Botka was born. However, he was the youngest of several boys in his family and being within a fairly paternalistic environment where the oldest son(s) received everything he headed to Wanowitz, in Poland, in order to try his own luck, get married, and begin a family. The closest city of any size, but once again small, was Loebschutz, now called Glubczyce. My grandfather, Franz Bartke, was born in Wanowitz in 1873.

If you can help me along my path any further I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and efforts.
Sincerely,
John Bartke
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.