Search for content in message boards

SNODDY/SNODY Family

SNODDY/SNODY Family

Posted: 8 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Dec 2002 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Snoddy, Sloan
Looking for information on the SNODDY family that emigrated from Ayrshire, Scotland to Larne, Ireland in the mid 1600's. Think the head of the family at that time was WILLIAM SNODDY. Thank you.

WILLIAM SNODDY

GARY SNODDY (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SNODDY
I DON'T KNOW IF WE'RE RELATED, BUT MY GREAT TO THE 7TH POWER GRANDFATHER WAS SUPPOSEDLY FROM EITHER SCOTLAND OR IRELAND. HIS NAME WAS SAMUEL SNODDY, SR (BORN 23 APRIL 1727)
HIS FATHER WAS BORN APPROX 1701, BUT I HAVE NO FIRST NAME OR LOCATION FOR HIM. MY GREAT TO THE 4TH GRAND DAD WAS WILLIAM SNODDY, SR, BORN APR 20, 1749. IF THIS HELPS LET ME KNOW! I AM ANXIOUS TO FIND OUR RUMOURED SCOTTISH/IRISH ROOTS.

Snoddy family

Robin (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Snoddy, Irwin, Glasgow, Oans
My family history contains Jomes Snoddy b. Irelandin 1700's. m. Mary Ann Oans in Ireland. Emigrated to America around 1780's. settled in Pennsylvania. Also John Snoddy b. Feb 23 1758 m. Nancy Niblick. He was born in Scotland. Married in Philadelphia. Settled in Tennessee. Any relation???

Snoddy Family

Robin (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Snoddy, Irwin, Oans
AM RELATED TO SAMUEL SNODDY SON OF JAMES SNODDY WHO WAS BORN IN LYCOMING CO. PENNSYVANIA FEB 24, 1822. MARRIED SARAH IRWIN. THEY HAD 12 CHILDREN. HIS FATHER WAS BORN IN IRELAND AROUND 1760'S. AND MARRIED MARY ANN OANS ALSO IRISH. THEY EMIGRATED TO PENNSYLVANIA IN LAT 1700'S. HAVE MUCH FAMILY HISTORY. IF INTERESTED CONTACT ME AT EireRobin@netscape.net. GOOD LUCK.

John Snoddy/Nancy Niblick/Niblock

Posted: 12 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SNODDY, NIBLOCK
I have John Snoddy/Nancy Niblock in my line. See info below. John was the son of Samuel Snoddy and Elizabeth Sloan.

Descendants of John Snoddy, Sr.

1 John Snoddy, Sr. b: February 23, 1758 in Rowan Co, NC d: March 22, 1843 in Owen Co, IN
.+Agnes/Nancy Niblock b: 1760 m: Abt. 1779 in Wilkes County, NC d: Abt. 1795 in Wilkes Co, NC
*2nd Wife of John Snoddy, Sr.:
.+Mary Ann "Polly" McNeil b: 1767 in ?VT m: December 22, 1796 in Bourbon County, KY d: July 26, 1834 in Owen Co, IN

Irish Snoddy's

Posted: 12 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SNODDY, SLOAN
Gary:

Sounds like we come from the same lineage. I've been in contact with Leonard Sluman (whose grandmother was a Snoddy) in Larne, Ireland. I've provided him with all my information and he is trying to link us with his research.
I have "published" a book on the Family Tree Maker web site: http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/b/y/l/Carol-S-Byler-AL/...

1 Unknown Snoddy b: Abt. 1700 in Ireland?
......2 John Snoddy b: Abt. 1719 in Ireland d: 1758 in Anson Co, NC
..........+Agness/Ann ?Falls m: Abt. 1754 in ?Ireland d: 1793 in Iredell Co, NC
......2 Samuel Snoddy, Sr. b: April 23, 1727 in Larne, Co Antrim, Ireland d: August 1806 in Iredell Co, NC
..........+Elizabeth Sloan b: September 1725 in Ireland m: Abt. 1748 in Co Antrim, Ireland d: 1815 in Iredell Co, NC

Re: SNODDY/SNODY Family

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 7:03AM GMT
Carol--
You don't mention what info you are looking for...but please check out the info I just posted to the William Snoddy Message Board re: 'what happened next'
Leslie

Re: SNODDY/SNODY Family

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 3:43PM GMT
Leslie: Regarding your posting to the Ayrshire Message Board regarding Snoddy/Snody Family, "...but please check the info I just posted to the William Snoddy Message Board re: 'what happened next'."

I've checked the Snoddy Message Board and haven't found a November 2 posting containing "what happened next". My original posting to the Ayrshire Message Board was:

"Looking for information on the SNODDY family that emigrated from Ayrshire, Scotland to Larne, Ireland in the mid 1600's. Think the head of the family at that time was WILLIAM SNODDY."

"My" Samuel Snoddy was born in Larne, County Antrim, NI in 1727 and immigrated to Pennsylvania ca 1748 with new wife, Elizabeth Sloan. I've been to Larne and the local Snoddy family historian could not definitively state which Snoddy was the father of my Samuel, but that originally, they came from Scotland ca mid-1600's. Since I've hit a brick wall there; I'm trying to jump across the Irish channel and pick up from there.

Thanks.

Carol Snoddy Byler
csbyler@hiwaay.net

Re: Snoddy Family

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Irwin/Snoody/Tenbrook
We have a Sarah Irwin in our family who married a Samuel Snoody. Her parents were Samuel G. Irwin and Sarah Jane Tenbrook all from Lycomming. Do you have any info on these Irwins?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.