Search for content in message boards

Johann Leonard Beyer's estate,Baldivia;Plainfield Twp.

Johann Leonard Beyer's estate,Baldivia;Plainfield Twp.

Posted: 4 May 2008 9:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boyer,Allen,Fetrow,Snyder & Hurley
Am searching for any info of this Baldivia Estate belonging to Johann Leonard Beyer/Boyer.Have land records of 1774 and then belonging to Peter Beyer and wife Elizabeth.Elizabeth sold to Henry Hauser in 1777.This after Peters death in the rev. war.
The estate in Plainfield twp.,of 158 acres.Adjoining church land,Adam Butz,Deeter Bower,John Henry,vacant Land,John Engler & Conrad Germanton.
Would appriciate any info on this piece of propery.
Thank you.

Re: Johann Leonard Beyer's estate,Baldivia;Plainfield Twp.

Posted: 9 May 2008 7:26PM GMT
Surnames: Germanton - Hauser - Heller
Bonnie,

My 5th great, 4th great, and 3rd great grandfathers' were respectively Frederick I, Conrad, and Frederick GERMANTON II. They owned a several hundred acre "plantation" in the vicinity of St. Peter's church in Plainfield Twp. The original family homestead of Frederick GERMANTON I is long gone. A subsequent farm house built by Frederick GERMANTON II in the early 1800's still stands. This farmhouse is located at the corner of Raselytown and Ruppel Rds. I have a photo taken in the late 1800's of this home. Henry HAUSER was Conrad GERMANTON's brother-in-law. Conrad was married to Elizabeth HELLER and Henry was married to Margaret HELLER. If you might be interested in the photo I have, let me know.

Ben Kimminour
Bethlehem, PA

Posted: 10 May 2008 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Boyer,Allen,Fetrow,Snyder & Hurley
Would love to have a copy of the pic.Trying to learn so much of my ancestors from Plainfield.Johann (called Leonard) is the ancestor whomm came to America from Germany.
Have a copy of the abstracts of Deeds & other property records from Northampton.
My ancestors traveled on west in Pa..Though not before my original Boyer ,his son Peter and his sons Leonard and Abraham.Abraham is my decent.
Would love to talk more abt. our ancestors and Plainfield.Please contact me at bchriest@sbcglobal.net.
Look forward to seeing the picture.
Thank you.
Bonnie

Posted: 13 May 2008 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: Boyer,Allen,Snyder,Fetrow,Hurley
have been reading some of my material and thought you'd like to know that Conrad Germanton was guardian over my 3rd great-grandfather,Peter Beyer.A Casper Sholl was guardian over his older bro. Leonard.Have been reading over the Orphans court records,land deeds & property records,ect..
Was interrested in the creek that ran through the land,Lefevers Creek.Is it still there,course that was in 1774.
If interrested in the land records,its Book C, 7-37 or 39 (hard to read). Northampton , Leonard Boyer 158 acres.April 12,1774,called Baldivia.
Appriciate the help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.