Search for content in message boards

Billings

Billings

Doug Billings (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography

I am looking for any and all information on the Billings family and its history in Floyd County and elsewere. There are a number of Billings' buried in the Spring Grove Cemetery in Nora Springs. I am trying to find some roots for the family tree! Thank You

Billings

Darren A. Deskin (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Billings, Deskin
My ggg-grandmother on my father's side was Elizabeth (Isabella) Billings. She married my ggg-grandfather, William Elzy Deskin in 1839. They were living in Monroe County, IN at the time and had a couple of children there. William is buried in Jasper County, IA. I must assume that Elizabeth is buried there also. I believe that her father's name was Hiram.

Billings

Eric Hartsfield (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Billings, Janes, Woodland, Bradford

Are you looking for the family of Luther Allen Billings (murdered 1875) and Sarah Ann Janes? I descend from their daughter, Amanda Ann Billings, who married Joseph Woodland. Sarah Ann Janes descends from Gov. William Bradford of the Mayflower.

Bates-Billings

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2005 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: Luther Bradford Billings, Louisa Bates
My g-aunt was Louisa Bates born 1851, died 1912. She married Luther Bradford Billings. She lived in Nora Springs,Iowa in 1911. Her siblings were Lorenzo, Ada,(married to a Billings), Alice, married a Wright. Thanks for any information.

Re: Billings

Posted: 26 Jun 2001 5:58PM GMT
The Billings family you are looking for originally came from Ct. to Vt. to Illinois. Your relative Luther Allen Billings went to Iowa in the very northeastern part of the state. My relative Julius Billings went to Minn. in the most southeastern part of the state. Their parents were Eunice Allen and Luther Billings. If you would like more infor e-mail me at tonit90274@yahoo.com. Good luck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.