Search for content in message boards

Elijah SMALLWOOD, d. 1810, Surry Co., NC

Elijah SMALLWOOD, d. 1810, Surry Co., NC

Kim CHAPMAN (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2001 10:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have a transcription, or better still a photocopy, or the will of Elijah SMALLWOOD, born abt 1735, died abt 1810 in Surry Co., North Carolina? Thanks, Kim CHAPMAN.

Re: Elijah SMALLWOOD, d. 1810, Surry Co., NC

Posted: 15 Sep 2001 2:59AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2002 1:20AM GMT
Kim Chapman,

I just saw your request of July regarding the Will of Elijah Smallwood. I assume by now that you have a copy of this Will. I have a Surry County, NC. Will Abstract of Elijah Smallwood's Will. This was in a book of Will abstracts 1771-1827, page 131. (Linn)

Irene

Kim CHAPMAN (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2001 10:08AM GMT
Elaine,
No, I do not have a copy of the Will of Elijah SMALLWOOD. Other events have prevented me from pursueing this line with due diligence - including my being 800 or so miles from North Carolina. If you could send me a transcription or copy I would be happy to pay any costs you might incur. I am still looking for details on the family of this Elijah, as my investigation thus far indicates more female children than are accounted for in the family listings I have seen, and my Aseneth/Eseneth/Scenie/Hescenia SMALLWOOD may well be a daughter of Eligah.
Thanks in advance. Kim

Posted: 17 Sep 2001 3:18PM GMT
Kim Chapman,

I will be glad to send you a copy of the abstract Will of Elijah Smallwood. I do not have a fax so will have to mail the copy to you. Please advise me where to send it.

Irene

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 9:50AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 10:42AM GMT
Surnames: SMALLWOOD, HEZEKIAH
Irene, Another Smallwood heard from--I wonder if Elijah could be the father of my Hezekiah born in NC in 1799? Does
the Will that you have name the children? Thanks for your
help. Aloha, Mary Ann (Smallwood) Bolton Mililani, HI

Posted: 21 Sep 2001 10:09PM GMT
Mary Ann,

The Will of Elijah Smallwood says: Wife Sarah to be exr. Wit: Drew Smyth, Nancy Smallwood, Eliza Smallwood. Prvd by Smallwoods. The rest of the paragraph talks about tax lists and Census (1790). It doesn't give the context of the Will. Maybe we could contact Surry County and get a copy of the Will.

Irene

Posted: 22 Sep 2001 10:28AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 10:42AM GMT
Hi Irene, Sure would like to know what the Last Will and Testament says about Elijah's family! How are you related?
Aloha, Mary Ann

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 1:18AM GMT
Mary Ann,

My great-grandmother was Mary Jane Sarah Ann Nancy Edie Smallwood (yes, all first names) daughter of Elijah Randolph Smallwood and Mary A. Ratliff, son of Elijah Smallwood & Edith Edwards, Son of Elisha. Elijah Smallwood b.1790 in Surry Co. was called Big Lige. Suppose to have very strong Cherokee Indian Blood. Elijah R. Smallwood was born in 1819 in TN. He and his wife are buried in Pike Co. KY.

Irene

Kim CHAPMAN (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2001 1:14PM GMT
Irene,
Thanks, I got the copy of the abstracts you snail-mailed. I will post this to the 24 or so who are researching my Eseneth/Hescenia SMALLWOOD, and we will see where this takes us. Will also post this and any preliminary findings on our proposed connection to the family of Elijah SMALLWOOD, of Surry Co., North Carolina to this Message board and to the SMALLWOOD List.
Kim

Posted: 13 Oct 2001 7:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: Smallwood Jeffries Simms Anderson True Ross Hulse Gandy
Irene,
Do you have any info regarding Thompson Smallwood, b. 1813 KY. He was in KY (Shelby Co.) until the 1840s, then moved to MO. Was married 5 times. (Would be happy to share all I have on this line). I am at a brick wall trying to conect Thompson to any other Smallwood lines. Nobody has been able to find his parents that I know of. Oral history says he and/or some wives had Cherokee blood. Thanks!
Cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.