Search for content in message boards

Other Lackey's in Texas

Other Lackey's in Texas

Posted: 16 Feb 2001 10:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2002 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Lackey, Colman
I can go back to my ggrandfather Andrew Jackson (Jack) Lackey about 1835 - 19?? Married Polly Jane Colman about 1866. He served in the Confederate Army (have photo). I can place him in Burleson Co., Tx on May 24, 1871 when my grandfather Jonathan (John) Allen Lackey was born. J A Lackey Died in Kaufman Co., TX. Feb. 3, 1940. Other children were, Hamp, Fred, Bill, Robert Lee )Lee). The family says "We" came from Ireland. I found Some Lackey's in Burleson Co. 1870 census. I believe they are related. Children of J A Lackey were, Mary Bell 1905-1920 Thomas J 1902-1966, Jonathan E. 1908-1991 (my dad), Ruby 191?-1999, Francis 191?-alive, Rosa Lee 1918-alive, Mitchell J (Jack) 192?-1879. If you cam make a connection, please do.

lackeys

bernice (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: Lackey
my maiden name was lackey.i was born in tarrent co. most of my brother and sisters were born in greenville, tx. my grandfather was silas lackey .he died in greenville tx are you related to these. he had a son named john, david,albert.

lackeys

bernice (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 8:15PM GMT
my maiden name was lackey.i was born in tarrent co. most of my brother and sisters were born in greenville, tx. my grandfather was silas lackey .he died in greenville tx are you related to these. he had a son named john, david,albert.
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 8:34AM GMT
Surnames: Lackey, Bates
My ggrandfather Andrew Jackson (Jack) Lackey's brother was Robert Lee Lackey. He was called Lee by the family. He died about 1950 in Dallas, Texas. His wife was Elizabeth Belle Bates or Belle Elizabeth. Their children were Hattie, Lottie, Jeffie, Robbie, Fred, and Phelix. Other brothers of AJ Lackey were Fred, Bill or probably William, Thom or Thomas. There may have been more. I'm still researching to confirm my info and add to the list. Does this help?

Lackeys in MS, OK, TX

AJ (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Lackey, Haynie, Alexander
Not sure of a connection here, but my great grandfather was George Washington Lackey, born around the 1830's in north MS, fought in the Civil War, and ended up around McCallister, OK before returning to MS. First wife A.E. Haynie with children William, Robert, maybe others. Bill a federal judge and Bob a Sheriff. Second wife my gr-gr grandmother Dollie Alexander Lackey; grandfather Walter Kincannon had brothers Paul, Cecil Clyde (went by Clyde), Leonard Louis. Walter also spent time working in TX during depression era.

Lackey's in MS TX

Posted: 3 Mar 2001 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: Lackey, Colman
I have learned that my great grandfather Andrew Jackson Lackey came to Texas from Mississippi, fathered 3 children. He then fought in the Civil War in another man's place for money, Confederate money. According to my time/date line he should have been born in the 1830's. He died about 1874. The 1850 MS census shows alot of Lackey's. I'm Still searching. If I find a link I will let you know. His brothers according to the oldest living decendants are Hamp, Fred, Tom, & Bill. Unknown if he had sisters or who his parent's are. I have sent off for his wife's death certificate Polly Colman Lackey, who is supposed to be from Alabama. They met and married on a wagon train traveling to Texas. She is buried in a small cemetary Southeast Of Dallas, in Kaufman Co.

Lackey's in MS TX

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:04AM GMT
I have learned that my great grandfather Andrew Jackson Lackey came to Texas from Mississippi, fathered 3 children. He then fought in the Civil War in another man's place for money, Confederate money. According to my time/date line he should have been born in the 1830's. He died about 1874. The 1850 MS census shows alot of Lackey's. I'm Still searching. If I find a link I will let you know. His brothers according to the oldest living decendants are Hamp, Fred, Tom, & Bill. Unknown if he had sisters or who his parent's are. I have sent off for his wife's death certificate Polly Colman Lackey, who is supposed to be from Alabama. They met and married on a wagon train traveling to Texas. She is buried in a small cemetary Southeast Of Dallas, in Kaufman Co.

Mary Belle Lackey

Jan Reese Shelfer (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2001 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: Lackey, Alexander
My great-grandmother was Mary Belle Lackey b. 15 Nov 1875Columbus, Colorado Co., TX and d. 27 Jul 1951. I believe her father was George G. Lackey b. 5 Jul 1849 (don't know where) d. 14 Aug 1912. He married Minerva Jane Alexander 14 Nov 1872 in Colorado Co., Texas. They had three children that I know of: Lillie Gray Lackey, Mary Belle Lackey, and Minnie Eddie Lackey. I show George G. Lackey's father to be William Lackey, Jr. from Franklin Co., TN.
Do you have any connection?
Email: janshelfer@hotmail.com.

Jan Reese Shelfer

Mary Belle Lackey

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 6:38PM GMT
I'm Sorry, but Mary Belle Lackey (my dad's sister) was born in Anderson Co., Texas March 24, 1905, and died at home Kaufman Co., Texas September 4, 1920 with a fever. She is buried at Ware Cemetary in Kaufman Co.

George Washington Lackey

Don Lackey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2001 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Lackey, Haynie, Alexander
AJ, The George you describe is a brother to my great grandfather Pinkney Lackey. George Washington Lackey was born in Benton/Calhoun County, Alabama March 25, 1847 to William Lackey and Sarah Bryant. George Washington marrie Amanda E. Haynie September 27, 1868 in Calhoun Co., Al. He married Dollie E. Alexander April 5, 1889 in Lee Co., Ms. George died July 20, 1917 in Bethel, Pontotoc Co., Ms. He is buried with Amanda at the Maxcy Cemetery, Lee Co., Ms. Dollie is buried at the Priceville Cemetery, Lee Co., Ms. I don't know if you had this info, but hope it helps. Don Lackey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.