Search for content in message boards

James Scott, born approx 1840, Midolthian, Scotland.

James Scott, born approx 1840, Midolthian, Scotland.

Posted: 19 Mar 2002 12:02AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 4:51AM GMT
James Scott, born approx 1840, Midlothian, Scotland, is my gg grandfather, he married Mary Jane McDowell, Aug 1865, then shortly after emmigrated to New Zealand on the 'Robert Henderson'. James had three brothers, unsure of names. Any information on his parents, brothers, or Mary McDowells family would be greatly appreciated.

Re: James Scott, born approx 1840, Midolthian, Scotland.

Louise Cook (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2002 1:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott,Cook/ Scotland,Ar and Ky
Heidi:
I'm researching my husbands Scott Family and they were from Midlothian Scotland.his GGGGGgrandfather was Herbert Scott-born about 1734 in Edinburgh.I don't find brothers or sisters yet but it might be part of the same family. when you answerr with e-mail,I'll keep you in my address book just in case I connect them.

Posted: 1 May 2002 12:09AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 4:50AM GMT
Louise,
Thanks for your reply. I have only managed to take it as far back as James Scott b. 1840 and as yet been unable to find any info about his parents, however they may be related to your husbands family so any information you have on the Scotts from Midlothian would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Heidi
Australia

Louise Cook (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2002 12:43AM GMT
Hi Heidi:
Thanks for the reply,I don't have much really.I have a lot on the Scotts but other than Herbert and and his son Robert[also Roberts wife] they're all here in the States.I'm hoping I'll find some nice Scott from Scotland to do a look-up for me.!!
Here's what I have right now.Herbert Scott was born abt.1734 in Edinburg,Scotland.
Robert Scott his son was born abt.1760 in Scotland and died 1786 in Shelby county Kentucky. Robert was married to Winifred Greenabout 1780 in Woodford County,Kentucky.she was born in 1764 in Wales.
I went into the Scotland website in Rootsweb but don't understand how you search. I know it costs so much money for I believe it's 12 or 24 hrs.[don't remember which right now.
but I'll find out.what part of Australia are you in Heidi? I talk to australia on Ham Radio.
thanks
Louise

pat (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2003 3:07PM GMT
did your James have nine siblings. I have a James in my line b. in 1840 his parents were James and Margaret

Re: James Scott,born Midlothian Scotland

Louise Cook (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 10:57PM GMT
Pat
.thanks very much for the query,but I honestly don't know about the siblings yet.I've not got that far.I have found Herbert Scott which I believe is James' grandfather.I could be wrong.!!Herbert was born in 1840 in Midlothian,Scotland. it's possible that he had a brother named James.
My James Granville Scott was born in Kentucky between 1847 and 1848 in Kentucky.after Herbert and his family came to America from Scotland.James was buried in Social Hill Cemetery ,Arkansas.Pat if this sounds like your James,then we need to exchange more info and maybe we can put them together. sincerely Louise

Louise Cook (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 11:10PM GMT
Hello Heidi
You inquired if my James Scott had 9 Siblings,and I don't know the answer to that question at this time.All I have found on the Scotts so far is a Herbert Scott.born 1734 in Midlothian Scotland.
I don't know anything about him other than he came to America and the next one I found was James Granville Scott,and his wife Lunetta Jane Bagley.
the ancestors I have for Herbert is
1 Robert Scott born about 1760 in Scotland.
2 John A Scott[child of Robert
I can't find any siblings for Herbert ot James.
If you think this is the same family as yours.please let me know.I'd appreciate any information.

Heidi (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2003 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Scott
Hi Louise,
I have recently found that James Scotts, born 1840, his parents were William Scott and Mary Earsman, as far as I know he only had three brothers so I do not think this is the same family as the one your researching, however keep in contact, we still may be able to help one another.
Heidi

Posted: 18 Feb 2005 10:33PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2005 10:21PM GMT
I have Scott family in New Zealand, do you have
a Herbert Henry Scott?

: James Scott, born approx 1840, Midolthian, Scotland.

Posted: 3 Jun 2006 1:07AM GMT
Hi you should check out the Google groups Earsman Clan. Set up by Barry Earsman in Australia, ther is info on the Earsmans dating back to 1726!!
I can let you have Barry's e-mail if you wish
Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.