Search for content in message boards

FAMILY HISTORY

FAMILY HISTORY

Florence A O'Brien Kissane (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SULLIVAN, KISSANE, CARNEY
JOHN SULLIVAN WAS BORN IN KERRY ABT 1832. HIS FATHER WAS DENIS AND HIS MOTHER WAS MARY FOGERTY , DAUGHTER OF TIMOTHY. JOHNS OBIT SAYS HE ARRIVED IN SAG HARBOR,LONG LSLAND,NY ;(EARLY 1850'S)WITH LESS THAN A DOLLAR IN HIS POCKET. HE WORKED VERY HARD, SAVED HIS EARNINGS AND BOUGHT PROPERTY IN WATERMILL, L.I.,NY, WHERE HE LIVED AND WORKED TIL HE DIED IN 1904. HE MARRIED MARGARET HANLEY, AND HAD 5 CHILDREN, JOHN,MARY MALONE, CATHERINE BUTLER(MY GM),JOHANNA, MARGARET, AND JEREMIAH. HE ALSO HAD A BROTHER JEREMIAH, WHO MARRIED ALICE COLLINS, ALSO ST. ANDREWS R.C. CHURCH,SAG HARBOR. LOOKING FOR PLACE OF BIRTH IN KERRY.
HIS MOTHER MARY ALSO DIED IN SAG HARBOR IN 1880(80 YRS.OLD).

THE KISSANE FAMILY I BELIEVE WERE ALL FROM KILLARNEY TO B'KLYN,NY. BUT I'M JUST STARTING WITH THEM.

I'M SEARCHING FOR BENJAMINE BARNATHAN CARNEY, JOHN KISSANE'S FATHER IN LAW. I BELIEVE JOHN KISSANE AND HIS WIFE ANNIE CARNEY WERE BOTH BORN IN NY., JOHN ABOUT 1879.
BARNEY CARNEY,AS HE WAS KNOWN, DIED APRIL 1886,(NY ?)
BARNEY WAS A SEAMAN AND A MUSICIAL.

Re: FAMILY HISTORY

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Mar 2002 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan
I am looking for my father John A Sullivan may have something to do w Brooklyn, yet settled in Manhattan
i was born in 1946, I have a twin brother John we know he was a Merchant marine, he married Alice Jones, her parents was Delia & James Jones. that all i really know i think he may have stated on Merchants (Coast Guard ship for a good period of lets say 20 years and may have settled in California.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.