Search for content in message boards

Morgans of Sri Lanka (Ceylon)

Morgans of Sri Lanka (Ceylon)

Posted: 15 Apr 2002 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morgan Ludekens
I am trying to trace descendants/ancestors of James Morgan. Thought to be a sergeant in the Irish Gaurds. Known descendent, Edmund Linnet B Morgan married to Georgiana Ludekens.

Re: Morgans of Sri Lanka (Ceylon)

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 1:30PM GMT
My great grand mother in Ceylon was a Morgan. I don't know if she is the feom the descendant family you are looking for but the her family goes back to the early 1800 when one of her ancestors came to Ceylon as an interperator. He had a Welch first name which I can' remember. My great grandmothers name is Zoe Morgan. She married into the de Saram family of Ceylon.
Ann

Posted: 17 Mar 2010 4:47PM GMT
Hi, My great grand mother was Zoe Morgan. Her line of the family went back to the early 1800's in Sri Lanka. On the internet I found the ancestor of the Morgan's who originally came to SL as an interpretor. He had a welsh first name but i don't remember the name.
Ann

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 12:32AM GMT
Hi,I know of one morgans in srilanka, one was Elmo morgan,who passed away this year, in his ancestry was one sir Richard morgan who was chief justice in then ceylon. and few other morgans in his family left behind in srilanka

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 8:24PM GMT
sorry I just found your email. Sir Richard Morgan is an ancestor of mine. Do you know any other Morgan's that would be connected to Richard who are still alive and how can I contact them?
Ann

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 3:01AM GMT
The youngest of the Morgans ' uncle sonaboy' past a away Sunday last week, he leaves behind the two sisters living in cmb , baby and chikie,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.