Search for content in message boards

Photo of troopers at Camp Meade

Photo of troopers at Camp Meade

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Nov 2003 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: Heacock
Hi,
I have a photo of my great-uncle, Maurice Heacock, with his company at Camp Meade. I cannot read the name of the company. I think the date is 1918, but I'm not sure.
If anyone is more familiar with U. S. Army units, perhaps you can enlighten me as to what company this is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maurice Heacock is the fourth from the left, standing.
Thank you.
Sue
Attachments:

Re: Photo of troopers at Camp Meade

Kris Smith (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2003 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2006 7:47AM GMT
Susan

I have some info. on Camp Meade. My grandfathers military (Army) Divsion (79th) was formed there in 1917. I have old books from his Infantry's reunions that list all the Veterans. Unfortunately your g-uncle's name does not appear under the 314th Infantry. The 79 Division at Camp Meade had many regiments that he could have been part of. You may want to do some more research on your g-uncle to find out what division/regiment he served in. World War I History is very exciting!

Susan Alexander Llauget (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2003 5:07PM GMT
Thanks, Kris, for looking up Maurice's name. I'll keep searching.
I agree, I've always loved history and fitting the pieces together in family history is hard, but very rewarding.
Thanks, again.
Sue

Suz (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2004 1:30AM GMT
I have a roster from the 324th (Company "C") Field Signal Battalion. On the 1st inside page, it says, "From CAMP MEADE To Nowhere and Back."

I looked up your gr-uncle's name and it wasn't listed, so you could cross that regiment off your list!

Posted: 22 Jun 2006 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: ROBERTS
Hello just found out that my grandfather Clarence Roberts was in the 79th Divsion 315th Infantry Company L.
I believe he was at Camp Mead.
Could you please check your information to see if you have anything on him?
I am getting very discouraged.
It seems there is NO information on that group.
Thank you

Kris Smith (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2006 2:15PM GMT
Keep looking!!!
Try using google. i will send you a link that indicates a book exists. I checked my grandfathers stuff and I only have names of men in the 314th. My grandfathers stuff gives much battle info. on the 315th...such as capturing Nantillois during the Meuse-Argonne offensive. There is also a memorial in Nantillois on the 315th. If your grandfather died during the offensive you can view his grave marker on line. You can also contact the military for copies of his records. Email me if you have further questions.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.