Search for content in message boards

McClintock, Falcarragh, DON

McClintock, Falcarragh, DON

Sandra Metcalfe (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McClintock, McKinley, Reid
Looking for descendants of Mary Jane McKINLEY and Thomas McCLINTOCK. Mary Jane born about 1877, possibly in Ballyconnell, near Falcarragh. Her parents names were Charles McKINLEY and Anne REID. One of Mary Jane and Thomas' grandsons was Harry McCLINTOCK. His last known address during WW2 was 74 St Louis Street, Dorval, Quebec, Canada. Also looking for other members of the McCLINTOCK family who were still in Falcarragh in 1952. They were Mae McCLINTOCK of Canow-Cannow age 13; her sisters Evelyn, Jean and Edythe (age 14 months)and brother Frank (age 9 months). Their mother's name was Violet. Other names from family photos taken in about 1922 were Thomas Irvine age 14, Mary Violet age 7, and Harry Reid age 2. We also have a WW2 address for a Mrs F McCLINTOCK, The Retreat, Falcarragh. Would like to make contact with anyone researching these names or knowing their whereabouts.

McClintock of Falcaragh.Donegal

Muriel Sherlock (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McClintock
Sandra
I can help you with the McClintock Family
Muriel

Re: McClintock, Falcarragh, DON

Joe Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2002 11:33PM GMT
Hi I have come across the Mc Clintock name often in various records- Births, PettySessions etc.. They were neighbours - their hse. is still there. They lived near Drumnavoughy bridge in Carrowcannon. I would need know what you exactly need. I will be glad to help. I reckon that my dad is the best person to talk to.
Here is some info.
Garda RecordsFalcarragh 1950's

Persons allowed to keep a bull-
Thomas McClintock
Ceathrú Ceanainn (Carrowcannon)
Number: P.9506
Bull breed Shorthorn, Red, Born 1954.
Name: ‘Prumples’ OMAR

The following is from the Petty Session records 1885

Year: 1885
No: 35
Complainant’s name and residence: Thos. McClintock, Carrowcannon
Complaint: That the deft. at Carrowcannon in the county of Donegal or there about the 1st of August, 1885, did allow three cows to trespass on comps. growing crops.
Person summoned: Neal Sheridan of Ray.
Witness: Thos. McClintock.
Adjudication of Magistrate: To pay 1-6 and costs.

Joe Kelly

Posted: 6 Sep 2002 12:21PM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2002 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: McClintock
Did your McClintock family have a son Alexander who left Ireland and came to Philadelphia in the late 1800's

JOE (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2002 5:54PM GMT
I do not know. I am not a Mc Clintock or related to them. It is just that they were neighbours. I have the baptism records.Will check to see if there was such a person in the Carrowcannon Mc Clintocks. My e-mail is:
Seosamhkelly@hotmail.com
Slán
Joe Kelly

JOE (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2002 5:54PM GMT
I do not know. I am not a Mc Clintock or related to them. It is just that they were neighbours. I have the baptism records.Will check to see if there was such a person in the Carrowcannon Mc Clintocks. My e-mail is:
Seosamhkelly@hotmail.com
Slán
Joe Kelly

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 5:58PM GMT
Hi sandra,

I have recently come across this message by you looking for the McClintock family in Falcaragh as I am researching my family tree. You mentioned names such as Mae, Edith, Evelyn and Frank, their surnames are Alcorn and they are all currently living in the North East of England. Frank is my grandfather. If you would like to know anything else about them please let me know, and if you know anything more about the McClintocks I would love to know more because I would like to write my Masters thesis on the family.

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: McKinley, McClintock
These family members are laterals on my tree. My great grandmother was Harriet Martha McKinley who emigrated to New Zealand in 1884. Harriet's younger sister, Mary Jane McKinley, married Thomas Henry Irwin McClintock on 15 Feb 1906. The families obviously kept in contact as one of my uncles visited Falcarragh at the end of WW2. I visited the area in 2004. Please contact me privately on metcalfe@wave.co.nz

Sandra

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: McCLINTOCK
I think Mae McClintock lives near Letterkenny today (about 45 minutes from Falcarragh)and is a well-known historian and author. I might have an address/phone number for her but will have to dig it out later. Contact me off-list at clavelli@aol.com

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 4:38PM GMT
Hello Sandra, I was just looking at message board on my computer and read about Mc Clintock Family of Carrowcannon Falcarragh. I remember the family from my childhood. I remember Mae getting her clothes made by my aunt Mary Sieyes of Moyra. i also remember Violet marries to an Alcorn man uncle of Isobel Hanlon nee Mc Kinley of COrcreggan Dunfanaghy. I remember George Mc Clintock his wife and I think three children. He had a lovely pony and trap. I sure you know most of this yourself but my memories
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.