Search for content in message boards

GOTTLIEB POLLOCK (Polak) Romanshof, Prussia b.1808

GOTTLIEB POLLOCK (Polak) Romanshof, Prussia b.1808

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on Gottlieb Pollock (also spelled Polak), born 1808 in Romanshof Prussia.

His wife, Anne Rosine Volski Polak emigrated to America in 1849 and she died on the passage over. Gottlieb settled in Nekimi, Wisconsin.

Any information on these two would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
John Peters

Re: GOTTLIEB POLLOCK (Polak) Romanshof, Prussia b.1808

Robert T. (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2003 12:53AM GMT
John, there were two towns called Romanshof, both in eastern Germany, both in Poland today -- one in what was until 1918 the Prussian province of Posen, and one in what was until 1945 the Prussian province of Silesia (in German: Schlesien). Do you know which of the two the Polak family was from?

Robert

John Peters (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2003 7:50PM GMT
Robert,
It's listed in my family records as Posen.
John

Andreas Winkler (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2003 8:48AM GMT
In that case this is the right place:

Romanshof, today called Romanowo in Poland, located about 65kms NW of the city of Poznan (formerly called Posen), in the former Prussian province of Posen.

You can find it on a map here:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?location=rIPNJg07RPqRQz...=

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 5:12AM GMT
Surnames: Pollack, Polak, Pollock
Hi John -

My Great Great Great Great Grandfather is the Gottlieb you are referencing. I have all of the information about him, his children, subsequent remarriage, and his children's families in my family tree, which you are welcome to attach to your own if you are still searching for information. A lot of the information I have is from family records.

However, I don't have any information further back than him on the Pollack side. I have no information on who his parents were, his brothers and sisters, etc... It has been a frustrating dead-end for many members of my extended family. I've been told many of the records in this region of Posen were destroyed during various conflicts.

I also noticed the spelling of the Pollack name is different in your inquiry. Where did you come across the spelling as Pollock or Polak?

Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions!

Best regards,
Shawn Pollack

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 2:41PM GMT
Shawn,

Thanks for the reply. It looks like you and I are in the same boat when it comes to the Pollack "dead-end". I have all of the family info up to Gottlieb but cannot find anything beyond him.
You wouldn't by chance have any photo's of Gottlieb Pollack or his son Gottlieb Leopold Pollack?

John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.