Search for content in message boards

John Tracy/Tracey

John Tracy/Tracey

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 10:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tracey
I am looking for information on a John Tracy/Tracey/Treacy (1792-1874) who married Sarah Ann Fincham/Tincham in 1819. My ancestor is Elijah J. Tracey (not the Elijah that moved out of MD, but the one that stayed in Balt. Co.) and I believe from the census records that John and Sarah are Elijah's parents. I cannot for the life of me find John's father. There are many John Tracy's but this one lived from ca.1792-1874. All public family trees seem to have John's father as "unknown." If anyone has any info. I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: John Tracy/Tracey

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: Tracy, Tawney
hi,
I was wondering, do you have a Sarah Elizabeth Tracy in your line who married Thomas D. Tawney?

Nancy

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 3:35PM GMT
Hi again,
Do you have a Cynthia Tracy or a Thomas Tracy in your line?
The other day I found these gravesites and I have photo's of them if you're interested.
you're welcome to contact me at nbeatty1@aol.com

Nancy

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: TRACEY
There are several researchers working on this family, but not much new, I think the consensus is your John had siblings:
Nicholas (1803-1855), Sarah (1808-1894) who married Aquila Jones, Ann M Tracey (3 Apr 1810-1 Nov 1892,) who married John Leaf, Mary (Polly) Marsh Tracey (3 Aug 1812-22 Nov 1891) and Elijah Tracy who married Elizabeth Cooper. Elijah served in the militia during the war of 1812. (not unusual) and died fairly young his widows will was interesting. Elizabeth died in 1854 and left a will in Howard County. The following people were named: brother Thomas Cooper, friend Sally Jones wife a Aquilla, friend Nicholas Tracey, friend Ann Leaf wife of John and friend Polly Tracey. Thomas Cooper was administrator. This is not the only group of Traceys in the same area with unknown parentage, there are also 2 Ephraim Tracey's one we have lineage for and the other we do not.. All these folks are in the northwest corner of Baltimore Co. I have searched deeds for Balto Co and have not come up with much data at all.

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 4:57PM GMT
Thanks a lot for this information. It does seem logical that John could have been in this family (he did name his first son Elijah-maybe after his brother). I do have a question for you, though: is there a definite record that this family had a John born around 1793, or is it just speculation? Is there a way to find out-historical society (or has someone already done this?)

I had a previous theory that John(1793) could have been a son to the Willaim and Margaret Tracy that moved to Ohio after they had their children in Balt. Co. Of course that would mean that John would have either remained in MD or returned to marry Sarah Ann.

Thanks again.

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 2:58AM GMT
Several years ago there was thought that Anne M who married John Leaf and her sister Mary were issue of George Tracy and Sarah Cox who moved to OH. But I think that is probably not the case. The problem is there are several possible parents based on the marriage licenses for couples we do not know much about. for instance Basil Tracey and Mary Campbell who married in 1781. I tend to think my ancestor William Tracey by his second wife had several children. I think they had at least one son Thomas. Another interesting one is a John Tracey in Pipe Creek Hundred Pipe Creek or North Hundred Baltimore Co., MD in 1810:
2 males under 10, born 1800-1810
1 male 10-16, born 1794-1800
1 male over 45, born before 1765
3 females under 10, born 1800-1810
1 female 10-16, born 1794-1800
1 female 16-26, born 1784-1794
1 female 26-45, born 1765-1784

I think this look a potential match for your family. I think this is the John with wife Ruth, from the following land records: John Tracey and feltey’s wife Reconciled 7 -1/2 acres resurvey on the Wallet Resurveyed of 212-3/4 acres Sp. War. 7 June 1803 John Tracey, Survey 3 Sept 1803 John Tracey, Patented 15 Nov 1806 John Tracey.
In the land records of Carroll County, Maryland, a tract of land called “John Tracey and Felty’s Wife Reconciled” is surveyed and Sp. Warr June 7, 1803 by John Tracy. Patent November 15, 1806, John Tracy. 7 ½ acres of the resurvey of “The Wallet”Resurvey 212 ¾ acres. Baltimore County Deeds. “John Tracy of Baltimore County to Christopher Fair, Jr. a tract of land called “John Tracy & Felty’s wife reconciled”. Ruth, wife of John Tracy consents”. March 10, 1810

Re: Sarah Elizabeth Tracey

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 1:26PM GMT
My great grand uncle married Sarah Elizabeth Tawney. Sarahs's mother was Sarah Elizabeth Tracey. Does anyone know what line Sarah is related to. I have been unable to locate her parents.

Nancy

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 2:14AM GMT
The theory is she is the daughter of Joshua Tracey (1771-5 July 1857) and Mary Goodfellow. grandparents were Joshua Tracey (ca 1747-1832) and Mary Pattison.

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 12:58PM GMT
Thanks for the info on. Sarah Elizabeth Tracey. Her daughter, Sarah Elizabeth Tawney Beatty, is buried in the Hereford baptist Church cemetery. Does anyone know where her mother, sarah elizabeth tracey tawney is buried?

Nancy

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 12:58AM GMT
Hi,
Quick look at my line:
Robert Abraham Tracey
Orrick Tracey
Elijah J. Tracey
John Tracey
Solomon Tracey
John Tracey
Teague Tracey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.