Search for content in message boards

Richard Callaby & Anne Irwin/Irving

Richard Callaby & Anne Irwin/Irving

Posted: 14 May 2007 3:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Callaby
Hello,

I am researching the family origins of Richard Callaby and Anne/Annie Irving/Irwin. They were marries in Sydney, Scotish Presbertyrian Church, 07 Sep 1840. They then seem to live around the maitland area and settle in the township of Jerry's plains where most of thier children are born. Richard dies at singleton in 1875 and i am yet to fin any information about Anne. I'm speciffically looking for thier birth place so i can trace the rest of my forbears, it not displayed on any of thier childrens birth certificates, thier marriage certificates or on Richards death certificate.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Regards,

Nick Thompson

Re: Richard Callaby & Anne Irwin/Irving

Posted: 3 Jan 2009 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Callaby, Irwin/Irving
Hello Nick,
I noticed this while fishing around on the net. I know that you posted this quite some time ago so maybe you can help. Maria Callaby is my g-g-grandmother. My research tells me she married a Peter McBow from Belfast at Jerry's Plains in 1867. I believe her mother Anne's name was Ann Irwin when she left Londonderry, N Ireland on the ship Adam Lodge with free passage and her name subsequently became Irving. To enable me to go back into Irish records, can you confirm if that is your findings?
Many thanks

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 12:28PM GMT
I am also looking at the family of Peter McBow and Maria Callaby. Four children - Charles James 1858, Mary Ellen 1862, Caroline 1864 and Alice 1867. Am looking for information regarding Peter McBow and his origins. As well as trying to find how the McBow family that I have (Townsville) fits in. Can you help with any of this??

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 7:35AM GMT
Hi,
I may be able to help you with some of your research as Peter & Maria are my husband's gggrandparents. Email me on unicorn@cqnet.com.au.
Regards,
Jill

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 8:28AM GMT
Hello

Caroline McBow is my g-grandmother and married Samson Hawkins (Jnr) in 1885 in St Lawrence, Qld. They had 6 children, one of them being Constance Annie Hawkins in 1897 who is my grandmother. Caroline died in 1900 at St Lawrence.

From Caroline's birth cert. I have established that Peter McBow was born in Belfast in around 1832. But I have had trouble finding his marriage cert. to Maria and have not been able to find much else about him. I did stumble across that the family lived at/near St George for a while? around 1863?

If I am able to find anything else, I will let you know.

Can you give me an email address to send it to?

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 2:09AM GMT
Thank you for your information. I have replied to unicorn's email. You can get the address from her?

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 11:19AM GMT
Hi,
I have just found your message on the Callaby message board. Peter Charles McBow was my g.g.grandfather & his son Charles McBow was my g.grandfather. I don't know a lot about the Townsville McBows - although I was born there -but I have a cousin who could probably help in that direction.
Regards
Jan. Barber, Brisbane Qld. Australia.

Posted: 30 Jul 2009 10:07PM GMT
Hi, I have found out a bit more information about Peter Charles McBow if you would like it?

Posted: 12 Sep 2009 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: Callaby/McBow
Hi "afterbanns"
I received your message, but have been away on holidays.
I have been going through the Richard Callaby I Anne Irwin message board and noted the message you sent to Nick Thompson Whittaker.
I noted that you said Maria Callaby married Peter McBow in 1867. Well - I must tell you that they were married on 9th June 1857 in Jerry's Plains & my g.grandfather Charles James McBow was born on 13 Mar 1869 at Jerry's Plains.
Also I have only been able to find the "Adam Lodge" arriving in Australia on 30 Aug 1841 which would have been too late for Ann Irwin's arrival for she married Richard Callaby on 7 Sep 1840.
I hope this will be of some help to you & I would appreciate any other info. re Peter Charles McBow that you may have as you mentioned in your email.
Jan B.

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 10:34PM GMT
Richard Callaby & Ann Irwin are my ggg-grandparents through their daughter Rebecca.

This link shows that Ann Irwin arrived on the Adam Lodge in 1837:

http://www.janetreakesgenealogy.com/VirtualWall/WallC.htm
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.