Search for content in message boards

1829 NY State Area Family Bible

1829 NY State Area Family Bible

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 3 Dec 2002 12:00AM GMT
I recently acquired an 1829 VERY large family bible. The Family Record pages contain references to 62 individuals and events (Births, deaths, marriages) between 1765 and 1914.
Surnames are Brush, Coggeshall, Crowther, Davis, Dodge, Farr, Frazee, Freeman, Howe, Kelly, Lowerre, Muller, Pearsall, Phelps, Redfield, Stappers, Thomas, Truly, Wheatley, Wright.
The majority of individuals (28) are Lowerre's, with the majority of the remaining surnames maiden/married names of descendant or ancestor spouses or children of those married individuals.
The longest line between earliest and most recent individual is five generations.
Most of the events are in the New York (state) area, but there are entries from Pennsylvania and Colorado.
If you have any interest in this bible or it's contents, feel free to contact me directly.

Re: 1829 NY State Area Family Bible

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Nov 2004 4:20AM GMT
I am interested in the Farr entries from your bible. My husband's family (Farr) has lived in the Steuben County, NY and Tioga County, PA area since the early 1800's. I would greatly appreciate any information you can give me.

John Whalen (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2002 12:11AM GMT
<<I am interested in the Farr entries from your bible. My husband's family (Farr) has lived in the Steuben County, NY and Tioga County, PA area since the early 1800's. I would greatly appreciate any information you can give me.>>

The bible in question is no longer in my posession, but as is my practice when placing these old family records, i keep JPEG copies of the pages, and also post a basic family tree developed from the bible entries, on Ancestry.com. All the names in the bible can now be found on Ancestry.
There were only three actual Farrs in the record; one S. Millard Farr, who married one of the descendants of the original owners of the bible, one Louisa A. Lowerre, b. 14 Dec 1854; this union produced at least two little Farrs, twins, Harold and Millard, b. 19 Aug 1890 in New York (I presume from other entries this is NY City).

I hope this is of some help.
John W.

Jay Stone (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2003 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: FARR, GALLOWAY
I am researching the ancestry of my Grandmother Sylvia Elizabeth FARR b.27Sep1895 d. Jan1987. Daughter of William FARR b. about 1859 and Elizabeth GALLOWAY b.1872 who settled in Buffalo, Erie County, New York. He brother's name was Guy b.25Jul1887 d.31May1961.
Family fokelore says that William was born in Ontario, Canada.

Debbie Redfearn (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2003 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Pace, Farr, Prestegard, Milbrad, Stern
April and Jay,

I am searching for my ggggrandmother, Rosanna Farr b. abt. 1844 possibly in the Erie County area. It is possible that she is somehow related to your Farrs, possibly sister or? to William Farr or others?

Debbie

Posted: 6 Jul 2003 2:01AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2006 4:03PM GMT
Jay;
sorry, but none of the Farrs you list are shown in the bible record. Most of the individuals listed were from the NYC area, and none were listed as being from the Buffalo area.
All of the individuals listed in the bible record are now listed in the Ancestry database as part of the World Family Tree.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
John W.

Mark Farr (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2003 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: FARR WADE LINDABURY
April ....

Which line of Farr's would your husband be descended back to in Steuban Co, NY? I have been trying to determine a link between the Farr's in this area and Seneca Co, and my ancestors who migrated thru from Dutchess Co, NY.

Thanks in advance
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.