Search for content in message boards

Worth Newsom(e)

Worth Newsom(e)

Posted: 8 May 2006 2:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: newsom/newsome
Does anyone out there have a connection to a Worth Newsom(e) from Mississippi? His parents were Isom(1864abt.) Newsom(e) and Rachael Dampier(1871abt.) also from Mississippi. I am new to this and any help would greatly be appreciated.

Re: Worth Newsom(e)

Posted: 17 Jul 2007 2:43AM GMT
My name is Victor Newsome, I have some information on Worth Newsome. There may be some relatives here in Indiana as well who are realted to Worth Newsome You may contact me at Vindianapolis7@aol.com for more information. I have to look in a file where I keep Newsom information. I came across his information in research of my Newsome relatives of Simpson County Ms.

Posted: 8 Sep 2007 10:49PM GMT
Hello,
My name is Denice Oliver
My mother is Leona Newsome Holloway Oliver ,daughter of WORTH & MARTHA NEWSOME from Mississippi.
I have been fortunate to trace my ancestry back to Benjamin & Clarenda Newsome, parents of Isom who is Worth's father.
I now believe its time to locate ""master and or plantation"".
Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Denice Oliver

Posted: 9 Sep 2007 9:04PM GMT
Denice,
When I cross-referenced the 2003 Newsome Family Reunion paperwork I did not see your mother's name as one of Worth and Martha's children. I have Worth and Martha's children listed as R.D, A.D, S.T, M.L, Irene, James, Frank, Dora, Rachel, Lillie Ann, and Lonnie. Do you know the names of any of Isom and Rachel's children, other than Worth? It sounds like we are related Denice. I have alot of info that I can share with you. Please email me @ madjo67@wmconnect.com so that we can compare notes. I look forward to comparing our history. Do you live in Mississippi? I live in Tennessee.

Posted: 9 Sep 2007 9:27PM GMT
My mom would be ""Lonnie"",should be Leona, you know how they did it back then.
Sounds like we are cousins ?
I live in Indianapolis, we visited Mississippi with Auntie Irene this summer, it was awesome.
Would love to compare notes.
Isom(Isaac) & Rachel other kids are : Mollie,Leander,Maud,Beulah,Dollie,Lillie,Susie & Mayetta.
I have also managed to find Isom's parents/siblings, Benjamin and Clarenda are Isom's parents.
I am stuck after Benjamin,not sure to go to North Carolina,Georgia or slave plantation there in Mississippi.
This is really addicting.

Posted: 9 Sep 2007 9:33PM GMT
My email address is denoli1234@yahoo.com, for some reason my laptop won't allow me to send messages unless name is already in.

Posted: 11 Sep 2007 1:02AM GMT
My name is Victor Newsome, I also live in IndiANAPOLIS. mY ggg GRANDFATHER was Dave Newsome from who is listed in Simpson County Mississippi in 1870 to 1930s. He married Annie Powell in October of 1883. They had several children one of which was my gg grandfather Joe L . Newsome. The spelling of the name changed and varied from ancestor to ancestor. I don't know where Dave Newsom(e) (n) originated from. He died in 1926 in Simpson County Ms. His father was listed as Jno Newsom no mother was listed by the informant.

I have information on some of his children and was fortunte enough to spend al;ot of time with a gg Aunt who died at the age of 102. Her name was Neicy Newsom ( Taylor). She died in 1985 in Simpson County Ms. Pinola Mississippi.

Here is a list of Dave and Anne Newsoms children: Martha, Pallie, Pinie,John, Neicy, Joe, Charlie, Levastus. Ann was a midwife in the area of Simpson County.. I ahve relatives that are Powells, Taylors, Dampiers, Smiths, Macks, Brown,,,

You can contact me if you want to share at 317-728-7216...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.