Search for content in message boards

KEETON in Derbyshire

KEETON in Derbyshire

Posted: 3 Jun 2002 10:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2002 1:39PM GMT
I have connections to KEETON's in Derbyshire. Mosbro and Eckington. Frederick Keeton married Mary Lee at Eckington 20th oct 1820.Frederick was a sicklesmith.Children William 1822.Edwin 1824, Henry Lee 1826, John 1828, Mary 1830, Frederick 1833, John and Mark 1835, Rueben 1837, Hannah 1840, Elizabeth 1844.
Do you connect with any of these.

Regards Angela in Waterthorpe near Eckington.

Re: KEETON

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 8:09PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2003 8:12AM GMT
Angela
I think we have relatives in common with the Keetons from Eckington. Please contact me on jepson@argonet.co.uk
Ralph
Posted: 6 Jul 2002 9:29AM GMT
Surnames: STATON, TURNER,
I have a John Keeton as a witness on my Staton/Turner marriage certificate at Beighton parish church in 1844, could this be related to the family that you are researching?

The other witness was a Mary Staton (who was believed to be staying at Mosborough with a Fred Staton in a census, according to one of my sources).

Angela (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2002 12:03PM GMT
Surnames: STATON
Hello Yvonne
I have a MARK STATON of Eckington as an Executor on the will of JOHN KEETON in 1856.I think I have mailed you in the past re the STATONS of Mosbro.

Caroline (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2002 10:42PM GMT
I am looking for a James Keeton possibly born between 1786-1791 ( written as 50 in 1841 census)
Posted: 9 Jul 2002 4:54PM GMT
I have not traced the Keeton line but find lots of references to it in the Beighton and Mosborough areas. In addition, I found a few Keetons buried at Ridgeway Wesleyan Methodist church which is near Eckington.

Hope this is of some use.

Yvonne
Posted: 9 Jul 2002 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
I do not remember if we have corresponded before but thanks for the information, that could be of use to a friend of mine who is researching a Mark Staton.

I am researching Stephen Staton, father of Fanny and am currently trying to prove a connection to Stephen Staton and Sarah Chapman and beyond. The Keetons are regular names found in the area (in Ridgeway Wesleyan Methodist churchyard, in the local directories and on certificates, census, etc).

Hope this helps.
Yvonne
Posted: 9 Jan 2004 11:32PM GMT
my dad was rene keeton mother mona keeton rene my dad die d at 19 he was a champion boxer with 3 brothers also champs any one know any thing e mail me

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 2:30PM GMT
Surnames: KEETON, ATKIN
Hello,
My Keeton family were from the same area that you have mentioned, although they did settle at Woodhouse which is a stone throw away from Mosborough. The family I am researching is William and Sarah (nee Atkin) from Handsworth.
regards Carol

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 2:18PM GMT
I have a William Keeton b.1820 & Sarah b.1821(maiden name unsure of)who lived in Woodhouse/Handsworth. I also have details of their children and great grand children. Please contact me
Judith511@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.