Search for content in message boards

SULLIVAN, FALVEY, AHERN in RHODE ISLAND

SULLIVAN, FALVEY, AHERN in RHODE ISLAND

Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: SULLIVAN, FALVEY, AHERN
Researching the SULLIVAN surname in Kerry or Cork is not easy!
Any SULLIVANS, FALVEYS OR AHERNS out there with ancestors who emigrated to Rhode Island about 1850?

Looking for Johannah FALVEY, nee SULLIVAN, wife of Jerimiah FALVEY, and also, Cornelius AHERN from Kerry, as well as Catherine FALVEY, nee SULLIVAN.

Would like to share info with you. My great grandmother was Julia Ann SULLIVAN,born about 1860 in Ireland.She came with her parents, Florence "Flurry" SULLIVAN , and Mary Margaret SULLIVAN, nee SULLIVAN. Great,great,great grandparents who remained in Ireland were Tim and Julia SULLIVAN and John and Catherine SULLIVAN.

Re: SULLIVAN, FALVEY, AHERN in RHODE ISLAND

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Ahern,Fanning,O'Connell,Mackey
I can tell you that Julia Mackey Ahern was married and I think her husband was named Jerihmia. I do know that the Mackey and Ahern's are from West Limrick,Ierland. I have a sister-in-law that travels there frequently and she had been able to look that much up for me anyway. Other surnames from Ahern with our family are Fanning,O'Connell. Many more but not that much room. My grandmother was their daughter Elizabeth Patricia Ahern and she married Willam Fanning who was a promenant dentist in Providence RI. My grandmother Elizabeth died in childbirth she and my grandfather had two girls named Mary Fanning, Elizabeth(Betty) Fanning and she died six hours after giving birth to my mother Ann Theresa Fanning, I have always been told she had TB and they saved the baby and let the mother die. I am the youngest of 8 children who grew up in Pawtucket RI, now living in New Hampshire.I hope some of this is helpful to you, I would love it to be helpful to me.
Sincerly,
Judith(Ahern)Lorman

Re: SULLIVAN, FALVEY, AHERN in RHODE ISLAND

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan, Ahern and Falvey
I realize I'm responding to a very old post...but here goes -

I'm a descendent of Catherine Sullivan and Micheal Falvey. I recently converted to mp3 an audio recording I did of my grandmother in 1979. She moved to the 15 Arlington St. East Prov. address around 1910 so her mother Johanna Falvey McGrath (named after her aunt Johanna) could raise her orphan McDermott nieces and nephews. Her accounts were that the Falveys were from Kerry and the Sullivans from Cork.

As you know, Michael was a stonemason. Catherine was a midwife who, according to family legend, brought George M. Cohan into the world. In the recording my grandmother describes the 15 Arlington St. home in great detail (Michael Falvey built the home). She shares a few memories of her grandparents (Michael Falvey and Catherine Sullivan).

I have become interested in how we are connected to the Aherns. A DNA test has possibly linked me to a Catherine O'Hearn of Cork who lived in the early 19th century.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.