CARTHAGE,LEAKE COUNTY MISSISSIPPI

MARY GROVES (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GRIFFIN
IAM EDDIE
,s GRIFFIN grandaughter of his youngest daughter
most people call her putting or martha lynn.My grandmother
name is mary maglene hutchins.IAM trying to find out my great grand parents name.Ineed help this is for my grand
ch

ildren. Thank you very much.

Re: CARTHAGE,LEAKE COUNTY MISSISSIPPI

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 1:17AM GMT
Do you know anything else about Mary Magelene Hutchins? What year she was born and where?

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchins
Hello,

I have some Hutchins in my family from the same area. This may be a long shot because there were so many Hutchins. My 2nd great grandmother was Eliza Jane Hutchins-Howard (1880-1923). Eliza parents were Harriet Campbell and Elbert Hutchins. Eliza had the following siblings: Milly (born 1877), Elijah (born 1872), Mary (born 1884),Nallie (born 1881; name probably misspelled), Diley (born 1888; name probably misspelled) and 2 step-siblings: George and Martha Campbell. Do these names sound familiar to you?

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchins, Hutchens, Hutchinson, Griffin
My Great Great Grandfather name was Clinton Hutchins and he married Dora Griffin in carthage,leake. In that union, they had 3 children from what I was told. Their children names were Wesley, Joe, Florence(Minnie). I was told that Wesley ran away at the age of 15, Joe died of an Illness, and Minnie managed her way to Detroit and Married twice and had 5 children. My grandma is 1 out of the 5 that Minnie had. My great grandmother had a cousin who she was raised with as a "sister" named Mary Magelene born june 1884. Mary Maglene mother name was Emma Zena Collins- Coleman. Im not sure who Mary's father was or if she was born in Mississippi or Arkansas. Apparently Mary Magelene has been married 3 times from what I was told and her last husband she married Albert Craig in Detroit. Emma and Mary magelene both died here in Detroit, Michigan. Theres so many secrets, and untold stories Im not certain who were their biological family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.